If so could you please contact me and let me know who you are so that we can talk about specific location.
I have some ideas but am an absolute Newbie.
I am not an artist by profession but interested in participating.
Tuesday June 14, I went for a couple of rides around on the "Big Bus" on their hop-on hop-off ride around and played tourist
This was to check out some places of interest to sketch. The bus was a great idea, and I went round the complete route twice, once in the double-decker and once in the open-top. For anyone thinking of using the bus ride as a place to sketch from -- the double decker is a bit too bumpy for sketching on the bus but the open-top is possible as a sketching platform. Both are a good means of getting to drop off points instead of parking downtown. Note though that the Big Bus tour is $38 for the day but you can get on or off as many times as you like. A new bus picks up around the route every 15 minutes.
Anyway, I made some notes of places to visit directly based on the bus ride. I assume we will want somewhere that we have room to sit, have a plan B nearby in case of rain, access to public transportation, access to washrooms/toilets, etc.
Here are a few places I noted:
- 1. Maritime Museum, Jerico Beach, Bard-on-the-Beach, Kitsilano Seawall, View English Bay, Burrard Bridge
- 2. Denman and Davie intersection, Alexandra Park (Haywood Bandstand), Inukschuk, English Bay, People Sculptures, Oppenheimer Statue, Stanley Park Lawn Bowling Club, Fish House, Second Beach and waterpark, Seawall and view of West Vancouver and Kitsalano, Vancouver Pride Picnic
- 3. Gas Town, Gassy Jack Statue, Steam Clock, Hudson House, Europe Hotel, Captain French Building, Dunn Building
- 4. St. Andrew's Wesley Church, 1st Baptist Church, The Wall Centre, St Paul's Hospital
- 5. Stanley Park Aquarium, Miniature Railway (Spirit-Catcher Train), Stanley Park Pavilion, Horse-drawn Tour, Malkin Bowl, Empress of Japan Figurehead, Vancouver Rowing Club, Robert Burns Statue, Lord Stanley Statue
- 6. Granville Island, Granville Island Hotel, False Creek, Aquabus, Public Market
- 7. Chinatown, Dr Sun Yat-Sen Chinese Garden, Millenium Gates
I look forward to hearing from anyone that plans to participate.
David (CyberDave) Fletcher