Ahmedabad, India [Result]

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Dhanaraju
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Ahmedabad, India [Result]

Post by Dhanaraju »

Hi,
Previously I had missed few sketchcrawls due to my tight schedule at work place. But this time when I received the call for “31st worldwide sketchcrawl for Japan”, I made up my mind that I must do it for the cause. Kudos to Enrico for the great thought and executing it.
When I decided to initiate for a gathering & take part on 16th april, I had two objectives in my mind. One is to use this opportunity to help Japan through this 31st sketchcrawl. The other one is to reach as many as friends to spread about sketchcrawl and making them to be part of this great community. The reason is to make popular among the known and unknown about this great platform in my part of the country. I started calling few of my friends whom are like pillars for me when I want to do something and they all showed interest and ready to join with me.
We had zeroed in on the venue at Ahmadabad Eye Balloon Safari, (India’s first Helium Balloon site) Kankaria lake, Ahmadabad with the suggestion of our great friend Snehal Avasia who had supported a lot for the cause. Once we finalise the venue I started to SMS, mail, call and meet the artist friends to explain about sketchcrawl and asking them to join on 16th. The other hand to explain my close friends and colleagues about the 31st sketchcrawl’s purpose for raising funds through getting sponsorships/donations. I was excited by the way my friends responded to my call for the cause. Thanks to all my friends and colleagues for their encourage and generous support.
Finally on 16th april, around 3.30 pm we started assembling at the venue. The place is Ahmadabad Eye Balloon Safari, (India’s first Helium Balloon site) kankaria lakeside, a very important and happening place in Ahmadabad. It was very hot. But there were around 17 artists turned up. Vrindavan Solanki, Ratilal Kansodaria, Jitu Oghani, Manhar Kapadia, Aswin, Deviba Wala, Arpit Biloria, Abhijeet Paul, Mukund Patel , R. Y. Baviskar, Mohan Wala, Paras Patel, Girish Panchal, Dhavel Garud, Immanuel Suresh , Ashish Bhavsar and myself Dhanaraju Swaminathan. And 5 kids enthusiastically participated. They are Aashka Kashikar, Yuvaraj Dhanaraju, Jayashree Dhanaraju, Nisha Davawala, Yash Chauhan, Rivaa Soni. Vaibhav Jain and Neha Jain came in-between and participated voluntarily. Had a wonderful evening with lot of people were joining us voluntarily and excited to know about the happenings. We all were sketching, drawing and discussing a lot. At the end of the day it turned out to be a wonderful first of its kind sketchcrawl gathering. All were wanted to carry on the activity. That is what I wanted to say them after the evening. I thank all my friends and colleagues for their presence and generous donation for the cause. We were able to raise around 1600 US Dollars. I took help from a local NGO to benefit local donors with tax exemption and in the process of transfer the money through Give 2 Asia. I just uploaded the images and some more will fallow.

Last edited by Dhanaraju on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Ahmedabad, India [Result]

Post by 4ojos »

What a great group of sketchers! Congratulations to all and keep sketching!
anneF38
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by anneF38 »

:thumbup: :clap: :clap:
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

What a amazing group of sketchers here, in Ahmedabad! Oh wow, I 'm overwhelmed with your enthusiasm, goodwill and feel of joy :thumbup: Happy to see each one of beautiful drawing and each one of you.
TETSU
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by TETSU »

Great results from Ahmedabad. We are getting a lot of power from you.
Thank you very much.
Becco
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Becco »

Amazing results India!!!
nice photos too :clap:
I feel that every sketchers enjoyed this WWSC.
Great :D The sketches that boys and girls drew are very wonderful and peaceful.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Becco/Japan
BLOG
Dhanaraju
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dhanaraju »

Dear 4ojos, nashvillesteve, anneF38, kumi matsukawa, TETSU and Becco
Thanks for the encouraging words. Here some more photos of the evening.
Love
Dhanaraju

Girish Panchal in action. He sketches with the help of his nails and he makes it in a jiffy.

Kim.M.
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Kim.M. »

Wow! Amazing stuff, Dhanaraju, and what a successful day - congratulations !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The fingernail sketches are most interesting. It is so great to be able to see just diverse techniques on this forum. Bravo!
Dhanaraju
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dhanaraju »

Thanks a lot Kim for your generous words.
We will try to keep the momentum in future also.
Regards
Dhanaraju
Kim.M.
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Kim.M. »

Ah! You were online just as I was about to add... double-TRIPLE congratulations on your fundraising efforts! :shock:
You have a truly great community of friends!
somsesh
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by somsesh »

You guys have put a great effort here. Well done and congrats on the sketches you guys did.
sumacm
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sumacm »

Wow, these sketches are amazing, and what a wonderful turnout! Congrats!

Suma
http://www.sumacm.com
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Great participation - Thank you for your help Ahmedabad, India. Enjoyed the pictures, and sketches from every one. This is what is all about (imho) to come together artistically both local and International.

(You have been added to the map as well)
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
Dhanaraju
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dhanaraju »

Thanks a lot Somesh and Suma
Dhanaraju
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Dhanaraju »

Dear Gustavo
Thanx a lot for your encouraging words and adding in the map also.

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”