New York City, NY, USA [RESULTS]

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

New York City, NY, USA [RESULTS]

Post by Alisa »

Hello!

Well, I got to the Museum of Natural History a bit late due to train construction and didn't see any fellow sketchcrawlers waiting. I'd like to think I wasn't the ONLY one drawing in NYC, so please post your drawings even if you were at a different NYC location!

The museum was crowded for a rainy Saturday so I found a quiet area in the Mexico and South America exhibits. Lots of character and fun design in the pottery from those areas.

I eventually walked back to draw some of the animals in the Halls of Asian and African Mammals but got caught up in sketching all of the people instead.

When the noise levels and flash photography got to be too much, I veered off into Central Park and did a little sketch of the lake in the rambles. It started to rain again, so my outdoor sketch was finished on the train ride back to Queens.

I took shelter near Belvedere Castle, but again the rain was speckling my sketchbook too much, so I decided to pack it in.

Thanks for peeking at my sketchbook and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's drawings!

(A side note to the organizers and whoever is keeping track of donations: I had my sponsors donating to the main Give2Asia page before the Sketchcrawl page was put up last week. So $100 was donated through that page and an additional $60 through the Sketchcrawl page.)
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: New York City, NY, USA [RESULTS]

Post by bh yoo »

Interesting sketches in and out of the museum on a rainy day! Cheers! :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
Lola
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Lola »

Good variety here - loved the Central Park view
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Bravo Alisa, these are really beautiful works! Your pottery drawings with clean lines are as great design as the real ones. Terrific Central Park view and Belvedere Castle :clap: And thanks for your support.

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”