New York, NY, USA

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

New York, NY, USA

Post by Alisa »

Any ideas of where to draw for this next crawl? I'm hoping the weather will be a bit nicer and we'll be able to draw outside for a change. I was thinking spring time at the Bronx zoo would be nice. Or if that's too far for people, maybe the Central Park zoo. The Bronx zoo is larger and even if it's crowded on the weekend at least there's more space for everyone to draw. Thoughts?
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: New York, NY, USA

Post by sunilo »

I'd be up for some outdoor sketching. We'd have to make a visit to the Reptile House and pay homage to the Bronx Zoo Cobra.
pstuller
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pstuller »

Hey so it looks like we're going to have rain on Saturday so I suggest an indoor space. I immediately think of
- The Chelsea Market
- The Met
....any other good spots? It's getting close!
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sunilo »

Bummer about the rainy weekend.

I think Alisa took the group to the Met last time. Perhaps the American Museum of Natural History?
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Yes, I was holding out and hoping for better weather. The zoo does have some indoor spaces, but I understand if people don't want to travel to the Bronx and not get the whole outdoor zoo experience. We did draw at the Met last time but I like the idea of the Museum of Natural History if people are up for that instead. Lots of animals that will also stand still!

How does meeting up at 11:30 am in the lobby of the main entrance to the Museum of Natural History sound?

Central Park West at 79th St
http://www.amnh.org/
Tickets to the museum are "suggested" at $16, but you can also pay what you can.

If it does clear up, we can always draw in Central Park or move to the Chelsea Market etc after the museum.

Sorry for waiting till the last minute to pick a time and place, but glad some of you guys are giving suggestions!

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”