Doha Qatar RESULTS

Saturday April 16th 2011 - Earthquake & tsunami emergency Benefit
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Doha Qatar RESULTS

Post by travelingsuep »

Following Enrico's idea to raise money to help our fellow artists and all our friends in Japan, let's get together in Doha and see how much we can raise.

Who wants to join me? Suggestions for time and place?
Last edited by travelingsuep on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Doha Qatar

Post by travelingsuep »

Due to some people only having Friday off in Qatar, I'm planning this event to start after Friday prayers on 15th April.

We are meeting in the Atrium Lounge, Sheraton Hotel and will sketch our way along the Corniche to the Museum of Islamic Arts' coffee shop. However, people can join us at any point.

All money will be donated through Artists Help Japan through [give2asia.org]. I have set up a FB event "31st WW SketchCrawl Doha" if anyone would like to contact me or you can PM me here.

Please confirm your attendance and help me raise lots of money for Japan.

travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

FAB RESPONSE

Post by travelingsuep »

FYI after posting the Doha event on Facebook & telling a couple of friends, in 24hours we have 10 confirmed sketchers woo hoo

How many can we make it on the 15th????
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Doha Qatar RESULTS

Post by travelingsuep »

Yesterday, unfortunately due to storms over the last few days and pouring rain on Friday morning, we were only 7 sketchers in the end. However, that's a new record for Doha sketchers. I want to say a big THANK YOU to those who braved the weather.

We stayed at the hotel meeting point for 2 hours in case anyone else was going to show up and until we were out of inspiration, drinking coffees and sketching everything, but it was only the 7 of us when we moved on. Outside it was still raining and very windy, so a plan B was quickly hatched. Jumping into the cars we went to a local's cafe at the other end of the Corniche and secured a table outside, but under a straw awning. Sketching recommenced whilst more teas and coffees were drunk and some shisha (hubbly bubbly pipes) smoked.

Again, thank you all for turning up and making it a successful afternoon. Our donation envelope held 330 Qatari Rial, about $90 at the end of the day. My sponsorship and an amount for a pencil sketch a colleague commissioned me to do are still to be collected.

Sue

A selection of photos from the Doha SketchCrawl

My 1st sketch. Brunch at the Atrium.

F sketching me sketching him

Khamis. I gave him the sketch in exchange for a donation

Doha sketchers

More sketches and photos are on my blog.
BeginAgin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by BeginAgin »

Great to see you from Doha Qatar.
I think you did beautiful work and you
prevailed despite the weather. And
you got donations. Great job, guys.
:thumbup:
annie
Lola
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Lola »

Good to see the results of some sketchers who braved the weather. Nice work
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

Thank you Annie & Lola.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Oh, how lovely to see that you had 7 members in total! Nice to see you all! The first sketch is so lovely! These are wonderful portraits and I'm sure the sponsor loves your work :thumbup: Thanks for your support.
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Nice work, Dohar artists. You guys are dedicated sketchers, and your charitable efforts toward relief work are so commendable.
Shello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Shello »

Hi Doha Sketchers,
Great effort getting everybody together Sue! You are all dedicated and I loved those portraits,

Shello
Susi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Susi »

It's great that you could manage to work despite the weather. You seem to be such a nice group! Hope to see some more of your sketches...
Diario da Tokyo (italian only, but lots of pictures ^_^): http://perboschiepermonti.blogspot.com/

Return to “31st World Wide SketchCrawl”