Brighton UK [RESULTS]

Saturday January 22nd 2011
mockduck
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Brighton UK [RESULTS]

Post by mockduck »

Brighton Sketchcrawl will be starting in the Dyke Road cafe opposite the Booth Museum - then we'll go in and draw all those lovely skeletons and stuffed animals.
The route even includes two hours of life-drawing, an unprecedented coup for the Brighton posse.
We'll end up in the George pub on Trafalgar street.

See all the locations and times on the Google map at http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 55747&z=15

Please visit our Facebook page to let us know if you plan to come along - it is always good to have an idea of numbers.http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149791211712470

Myf
mockduck
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Brighton UK

Post by mockduck »

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
I probably won't be at the first stop but hope to join in at the museum. You don't need me though, just start drawing :)

Don't forget to print out the map for timings: http://bit.ly/e8qUWs and bring a couple of quid for the model if you are hoping to join in the life drawing component.
mockduck
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Brighton UK

Post by mockduck »

This was definitely the greatest Brighton Sketchcrawl yet! I estimate that there were in the region of 15-20 participants throughout the day.

The addition of a life-drawing class as one of the scheduled stops made it a very different experience to previous crawls, as did the large numbers. Everyone came away full of enthusiasm to do it again, and soon.

In the cold weather, we made sure that all stops were indoors. The crawl started off in a small 'greasy spoon' cafe, followed by a nip across the road to the Booth Museum, a natural history museum absolutely packed with taxidermy - mainly in the form of birds, but also including skeletons, fossils, butterflies and beetles. There was too much to draw in just one short visit, and many of us are keen to return.

Next we went to the Tin Drum, a large cafe bar at the Seven Dials, where it was inspiring to see several sketchers sitting round a table, eating, drinking and drawing.

90 minutes later we were off down the road to a large pub opposite Brighton station. You could take your pick between the exterior and interior views: many of us ended up drawing each other.

Then came the life drawing. We walked to Jake Spicer's studio where he had booked a wonderful model. It was crowded in there, and some of us were first-timers at life drawing. Again I think a seed was planted and a couple of folk came away vowing to do more life drawing in the future.

(I left my big life-drawing sketchbook in the pub, gah! So no scans from that session)

Finally we ended up in another pub to pass sketchbooks around. The day sped by too quickly - I'd like another one very soon please.

If you are interested, you can see lots more photos on the Brighton Sketchcrawl Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149791211712470
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Brighton UK [RESULTS]

Post by 4ojos »

Great bunch of sketchers. The birds sketch is great!
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

What a fabulous day. I must make sure I'm home in UK for the next one, so I can join you guys in Brighton.

Lovely sketches & photos. :thumbup:
Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Sophie Valenti »

Great Team in Brighton and nice diversity of sketches.
Sophie
richtea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by richtea »

Okay, here's a selection of my scrawly, blobby pictures.

It was a really good day and I really, really enjoyed it. Count me in for the next one.

Return to “30th World Wide SketchCrawl !!!”