New year new Crawl!! The 30th!

Saturday January 22nd 2011
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

New year new Crawl!! The 30th!

Post by enrico »

Mark your calendars, the next global drawing marathon will be held on saturday January 22nd 2011!!!
It's a pretty great number to celebrate! 30 World Wide SketchCrawls in the last 6 years!!!
Very cool ...

Well, start letting us know where you'll be sketching from!

later!

Enrico

http://twitter.com/#!/sketchcrawl
Kath and Mike
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: New year new Crawl!! The 30th!

Post by Kath and Mike »

Do we need to have our sketch books stamped with " Sonoma County Sketch Crawl Logo? " Is Donna DeLaBriandais the host for Sonoma County Sketch Crawls?

I have been doing several of them and have called for sketchers several times. I am a little confused, maybe I should be contacting Donna directly. Kathy
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Hi Kath and Mike,

Locations do not have designated contact person per se.
The event is a bit more informal, find a location where you plan to sketch, create a post to announce it (I would suggest to create a specific city post, ie. use the city in the subject line instead of county for visibility purposes), let your friends know as well.

Typically if people sketch in different locations within one city (only a city post would be made), and if multiple cities within a county participated, a city post would be made per location.

Participation in Sonoma County cities/towns has been slow. There have been a few one-two person groups in Sonoma, Sebastopol, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, etc. A few years ago we had one at Luther Burbank Gardens - total of three :) - There have also been times when due to schedules, other obligations we do solo SketchCrawls.

I was actually thinking to attend the one in Santa Rosa, it has been a while since I last sketched at that specific location, but do not know if I can as of yet.

In general it takes time to get groups going and you will most likely need to reach out beyond the forum, at least initially. (It seems that you have been doing that already). The SketchCrawls I have announced have been mainly solo experiences too :) - Perhaps we can all meet up for the upcoming one.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
Kath and Mike
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Kath and Mike »

Thank you for the reply and I hope to meet up with you on the 22. Kathy
Crashmo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco are you out there?

Post by Crashmo »

I'd love to spend a day day drawing in beautiful San Francisco. A victorian or two, tourists, a museum, the park, you name it. Throw in a meal and a pint (or two)Iand this all sounds very promissing to me. Is there anybody out there interested in joining me? -Crash-
jmeetze
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jmeetze »

Is anyone participating from Oklahoma? I'm close to Tulsa.
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Enrico,
Thanks to you and the Sketchcrawl Staff for starting and maintaining this great tradition. I think we can call it that now! 30 in 6 years! I always imagined people around the world were drawing when we went on our sketch-n-hikes, but it sure is fun to see their results! :thumbup:
Mark Fletcher
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
teebrown7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by teebrown7 »

How does one post a drawing on the 22nd?
Swasky
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Swasky »

Hi, everybody! Here from USk Spain we are trying to promote the 30th Sketchcrawl and upcoming. This is why we have open a page devoted to all meetings which have been proposed in 7 different cities. More information here: http://urbansketchers-spain.blogspot.co ... crawl.html

Return to “30th World Wide SketchCrawl !!!”