Munich/ GERMANY

Saturday October 16 2010
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Munich/ GERMANY

Post by KarinH »

Hi Fellow Sketchers,

it looks like I will not be able to attend the Munich sketchcrawl this time - probably out of town, possibly sketching at a family party.
Anyway, I know that Constanze may not be able to join either this time.
So.... it's in your hands this time to agree where to go and when to meet , we will certainly look for your postings and sketches.

See you again next time,
KarinH
zurika
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Munich/ GERMANY

Post by zurika »

This will be my first SketchCrawl but I would be happy to help organize something if others are interested. The Long Night of Museums is the same date, so it will be an art-filled day here in Munich!
migi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by migi »

Hi Jul,

I can’t yet say for sure if I can make it to the sketchcrawl on 16th, but I really hope so.
Great that you want to help organize somthing. Do you already have something in mind where we could go for this sketchcrawl?

Pina
Tenar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tenar »

Hi,

I'll be there if nothing goes wrong. I'm open to almost any meeting point, but it should probably be somewhere where we can go inside when the weather is bad.
How about Schloss Nymphenburg? We can sketch in the park when the weather is nice or go inside in a museum when not. I love the Museum "Mensch und Natur".

Susi
ottokar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ottokar »

Hi,
I might be able to come this time, Schloss Nymphenberg is ok by me,
Andrew
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

October 16 and Nymphenburg is fine with me.

Julie:
I looked at your website. Very nice work.
Considering some of the subjects that you paint: I remember seeing a young woman in the historical part of the Oktoberfest one Friday afternoon, standing at the horse ring and painting with a pochade box. Quite an unusual sight at the Oktoberfest. Was that you?

Wolfgang
zurika
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zurika »

Schloss Nymphenburg sounds like a great meeting place to me.

Wolfgang - Thanks! That wasn't me painting at the wiesn, but it sounds like a great idea for next year. I did spend a lot of time taking photos to work from, especially in the historical area. I think I have over 1000 Oktoberfest photos to sort through now.
ottokar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ottokar »

Hi,
I just saw a poster this evening, that Saturday 16th is an open door day at the Bavarian Parliament:

Tag der offenen Tür am Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010
http://www.bayern.landtag.de/cps/rde/xc ... 05_206.htm

A few questions popped into my head:

1. does this happen every year? (in other words, maybe this occasion is nothing that special.)

2. does anyone know if it is a worthy subject? (From outside it is impressive but maybe there is not much to see inside.)

3. would we be free to wander around inside on our own, or must we join a tour (so that we wouldn't be able to do our own sketching)?
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

Ottokar:
I looked at the flyer and it seems to me that the objective of the event is not a visit of the architecture of the building but information about/by the political parties and about the operation of the state parliament. I would not expect a quiet atmosphere suitable for leisurely drawing.

Wolfgang
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Hi Jul,
I am sorry I will be missing the sketchcrawl this time - and seeing you and your work that day !
I followed Wolfgang's example and checked out your blog - impressive.... hope you (and the others) can make it on saturday and to see you next time :thumbup:
KarinH
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

What about the exact time and location?

How about at 11:00 o'clock at the entrance to the park, to the right of the center building of the Nymphenburger Schloß? The archway offers a protected waiting area even in case of rainy weather.
It may be a good idea not to be too late because who knows where we will go to from there: just outside the palace, inside the nature museum, or inside the carriage museum.

Wolfgang
textiledreamer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by textiledreamer »

Hiya,

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it this time, since I have a rehearsal at 2pm at the other end of Munich, but Nymphenburg sounds like a great location! I'll see you next time, then!

Constanze
zurika
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zurika »

Thanks so much, KarinH. I look forward to meeting you next time!

Unfortunately some work obligations have come up for Saturday, leaving me unsure if I'll be able to make it at all. I might be able to come at 11am for a short time - I'll try to confirm this as soon as I can.
ottokar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ottokar »

I'll try to be there at 11. Wolfgang, would you mind sending me a pm with your mobile phone number, in case I am late,
thanks,
Andrew
Tenar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tenar »

I'll be there. I'm sorry, but probably Iwill only have 2-3 hours time. I still want to come, I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Karin and Constanze, I'll be missing you. See you next time !!

Susi

Return to “29th World Wide SketchCrawl”