Portland, OR, USA [RESULTS]

Saturday July 31 2010
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Portland, OR, USA [RESULTS]

Post by alanna »

As you've no doubt heard, Portland hosted the 1st International Urban Sketchers Symposium, which drew in (pun intended) 60-70 sketchers. It was an excellent 3 days of fun sketching. Most folks will be posting their results in the flickr pool http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbansketchers-pdx2010/ or on the symposium blog http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbansketchers-pdx2010/ and you can also check the Portland Urban Sketchers blog http://urbansketchers-portland.blogspot.com/. Be on the lookout for some great posts about the symposium and all the great connections and sketches that were made in Portland!
a photo of me sketching, taken by Gabi Campanario and uploaded on to flickr.

I will try to upload some pics of my sketches once I've gotten some sleep!
heliodor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Portland, OR [RESULTS]

Post by heliodor »

I also went to the Symposium and had a great time. Here are a couple of sketches from Sunday:

Sketching 11th Ave near PNCA with Tia and Cynthia.

PNCA building – ran out of time and couldn't finish

Sketched my hat when I got back to the hotel.

I'm so happy I made it to the Urban Sketcher's symposium! I met so many great artists and had 3 very inspiring & unforgettable days.
Carrie
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Carrie »

:thumbup: I like your sketches Heliodor. I was at PNCA Saturday morning looking for the usual sketch crawl folks. Ended up at Jamison Square and did a few and then moved down to Tanners Creek park- in the direction of river .

One of these days I'll figure out how to add images. I just wasted an hour and I've run out of time. I missed closing reception as I had another commitment.
Carrie :wave:
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Hi carrie,
to post images, click on that Img button above the compose box. then between the two (img)s that appear, paste in the URL for your image that's on the web. (right click on an image from your blog, click on properties then cut and paste the URL
Carrie
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Portland, OR, USA [RESULTS]

Post by Carrie »

I did that but now I'm thinkin' I have to use picassa to upload urls from instead of my free flicker account.
heliodor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by heliodor »

Thanks Carrie, I'm glad you like my sketches! I had a hard time posting my images too – when I used the img tag and grabbed the url out of flickr I would just get a small box with a question mark in it. Turns out the url that is in the flickr photostream view won't work, I needed to go into the "view all sizes" page and right click on that image and "copy image address" there. That url will end with .jpg and it should work.

Looking forward to seeing your sketches!
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Nice sketches, heliodor. Carrie, sometimes it seems technology was designed especially to thwart artists, but hang in there and get a post up.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

heliodor - Lovely line drawings! Your sketches brought me back right there in Portland. I also took TIA's session and we seems to have sketched from same angle. And thank you for your tip about posting images, finally I was able to do it.

Here are some of my sketches of the day. I like Portland. People are so nice and kind, greens are everywhere, water tastes good, beer's fine.
Wish I could have stayed a bit much longer. Anyway I indulged in sketching in Portland. Thanks to all local forks who became models of my drawings.

Sketches at farmers market done in the morning.
Sketch of PNCA building
roberto malfatti
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by roberto malfatti »

great sketches kumi, congratulations :clap:
heliodor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by heliodor »

Lovely sketches Kumi! I looked in at your PCNA sketch at while you were working on it and I see that it turned out great. I had a few minutes left of the same session and since I hadn't drawn the building yet I thought I should. Where you were sitting earlier looked like a comfortable spot. :)

Good to hear that my posting instructions worked!

~tracey
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Thank you roberto :D
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

I'm usually with Los Angeles Sketchcrawl group, and I had an opportunity to visit Portland for Urban Sketching Symposium (http://pdx2010.urbansketchers.org/). This was my first time in Portland - I love this city!
Thank you to all the Portland sketchers I met who showed me around and took me to good eating/drinking places!

Here are what I drew for Sketchcrawl, which also happened to be the 3rd day of Urban Sketching Symposium. More sketches and detailed account of the event are collected on my blog at http://shihonakaza.blogspot.com/search/ ... 0Symposium

Saturday Market - Portland, OR USA by Shiho Nakaza Illustration, on Flickr

100731_PirateProwl_PortlandOR by Shiho Nakaza Illustration, on Flickr

Happy Drawing, Everyone,
Shiho
jayarrera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jayarrera »

I posted my sketches from the Urban Sketchers Symposium and the Portland Sketchcrawl on my blog:
http://blog.jayarrera.com/2010/09/urban ... 10-in.html
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Shiho and Alanna,
We went to Portland this summer, what a great city; wish we'd known about the symposium; now I'll look for places we went in your future sketchcrawl posts!
Mark Flecher, Tallahassee FL
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”