Post by TETSU »

Great to see your work from Bangkok!
Very wonderful drawing.Congratulations!
somsesh
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by somsesh »

There is such a varied range of styles in these sketches. All of them are great in their own way.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

thank you, namchai and aj sudjit for participating in the name of bangkok crawlers!
it was indeed an exciting outing day with so many of us and it certainly look great on the photos, both the work and the group photos.
i just can't wait to see the rest of the work, to be posted soon...
cheers
AT
supmanee10
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by supmanee10 »

Dear all,
i could not go to skethches with you all "BK sketchers group" because i had english class in the morening. however i did my sketches after i was back.
i did my memorable home sketches because i will miss here if i move to new home. my house located in Sathron road, the central bussiness area of Bangkok. i live here since i was born (30 years) but this house older than me may be 5-6 years.this pace is the route of my family since my grandmother and grandfather came from china. it have been herbs and fruits garden in the past.nowaday, my house and neigborhoods are surrounded by many highrise building. i love the natural and green around my house. it 's full of biodiversity and ecology. here has many friends..such as snakes, fish, turtles,frogs and insects. i can hear bird singing everymorning. somtimes i can see fireflies and bats.
here has area for planting fruits such as bananas,mangos,roseapples,jackfruits, monkey apples, and somekinds of vegetables. my house architecture look never been designed, some of finishing made from reuse woods and gypsum bord. sizing of windows would be set by my uncle, they are not standard sizes.the structure is not strong much but it still never collaps.Anyway, i love it so much and try to record it by my sketching.

my house
mango tree
entance to my place
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Thank you K.Namchai, Aj.Sudjit, Rangsit univ. architecture students, and K.Supmanee for uploading wonderful sketches to share with the world. All the works are valuable memoir of Thai unique life.

K.Supmanee, your house sketches are wonderfully drawn. They will be your family treasure.
Aj.Sudjit and all, your delicate details are very nicely recorded. People sketches are amazing too.
K.Numchai, I love the delicate building simplify by your spontaneous brush strokes.

Congrat. to all ka. :clap:

Ai
Kritsaphon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Kritsaphon »

Hello , I am one of Bkk skecters.Today l draw only one picture of Vimanmek Mansion. It the nice trip for me.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

great posting, all. I particularly enjoyed K Supmanee's work and commitment. When are you moving out and where to? I still remember the convenience you faced during the RED month, hope you find somewhere nice together with all your friends, frogs, flies and birds.
May be you'd like to organise a sketching trip of your house and area before they're gone, try it. It should be fun!
cheers
AT
qsima
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by qsima »

:D Hello SketchCrawlers, wherever you are!

I was so exited by the numbers of us sketchers last Saturday...WOW!! what a Crawlers! :clap:

My first sketch is of the Vimanmek Mansion of course.

the second one is of a sketcher working so intently. I wanted to show the sketch to him during lunch time but couldn't find him! :?

My afternoon sketch is of the cannons exhibited in front of the HRH Princess Arun-Wadi Residential Hall

I did the last sketch late afternoon and finished it at home.

It's a been a great Saturday! I enjoyed meeting people with the same interest and it's fun to sketch at the same place with us all Bangkok Sketchers and the same time with us all World Sketchers!
:lol: I'm glad i did and I'll do it again!
!

Until then...BFN! :wave:
RinnaTheCat
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RinnaTheCat »

Hi everyone! This is my first time joining the Bangkok Sketcher group :D Thank you for introducing me to a nice community here. I was super fun at Vimanmek Mansion last Saturday. Everyone was so inspiring to me. Here is my participation :P

My background is in children's book illustration, so I'm not too familiar with anything realistic, especially architectural rendering. So I tried mixing a little bit of my own style into the architecture.

This is my 2nd attempt. Still feeling not quite right... So I tried another one..

After 2 attempts (plus lunch and a sandwich ice-cream) I managed to get it back to my style ^^; But still I feel I need to practice outdoor sketching more. It was fun going out with everyone. Thank you all for inviting me and being such a great inspiration. Hope to see you again in the next trip.

Rinna!
Kim.M.
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Kim.M. »

Wow! Such a great variety of styles, and really wonderful color! :clap:

Bangkok looks like such a cool place to visit and draw. Would love to go someday! Cheers!
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

Dear K Whan and Rinna THE CAT!!! It was very nice seeing both of you on Sat and then HERE! Great job and look forward to seeing more, both here and in Bangkok. I love watercolor style of K Whan and Rinna's illustration style is just fine and fun at the same time.. keep it up, no change's really needed but keep on developing yours, I'd say!

Mean while, I would upload more work from other sketchers from Sat trip, on their behalf, I am unable to pur all names here but for more details, please visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... &ref=album For now, I would upload what I can, beginning with the title page of Bangkok Sketchers, nicely put together by Kwin http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1379181669

Front page of Vimanmek sketching trip in conjunction with the 28th Sketchcrawl
Bangkok's 28th SketchCrawl was at Dusit Palace, a museum of several buildings including Ananda Samakhom Throne Hall, Abhidek Dusit Throne Hall, Vimanmek Mansion (Main picture above) and a few more Royal Residence Halls.

A short morning meet-up (by Eye) of half the group, while waiting for the other half from Rangsit U, under Aj Sudjit's supervision.

then we settled on Vimanmek Mansion.
this:
and THIS!!!

then we rounded up for the first half of the day
just for the record ;-)
of some the works

I will be back in the next post with some works and more photos, STAY TUNED!!;-)
Last edited by asnee on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

(Continue: 28th SketchCrawl Day in Bangkok at Vimanmek Mansion in Dusit Palace, Bangkok. Thailand) Please note that sketches by Eye, Asnee, Sudjit, Supmanee, Namchai, Qsima and Rinna were already posted at the early section of Bangkok's thread and will not be repeated here!
Sketches by other sketchers, shown in random without any particular order.

Sketches by Decha
ImageImage

Work by Kwin
ImageImageImageImage

Work by Pramote
ImageImageImageImage

Work by Priwan

Work by Pittaya
ImageImageImage

Work by Somsawat

By GongZilla Gza

By Tanapong
ImageImage

By Apinya
ImageImage

Work by Noppadol

Work by Bua

Work by Krisaphon

Work by Pitirat

And rounding up works from afternoon session
and group photo by 4 PM with quite a few (from morning round) missing!

I will be back with the rest of the sketches, as soon as they are tag with the sketchers' names.
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

wow! big turn out and great results!
mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

Amazing, incredible, ... can't find the right words ... congratulations
40 sketchers and all of great talent! I like all the different styles, the impressionistic use of color in some works and the detailed linework.
Thank you, Bangkok Sketcher Group, for sharing your wonderful results and photos of the day :thumbup: !

Manfred
bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by bh yoo »

Just amazing sketches. Participants look pleased. Wonderful crawlers of all generations! :thumbup: :clap: :lol:

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”