London, UK [RESULTS]

Saturday July 31 2010
HedgeWytch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: London, UK [RESULTS]

Post by HedgeWytch »

Morning all!

I only joined the crawl very fleetingly as I was supposed to be elsewhere, so didn't really meet people properly - it was a proper sketch and dash! :oops: :lol:

I completely failed to use any colour yesterday, which my partner commented on as being a bit unusual, but I enjoyed trying to draw people (I normally draw things - which generally don't move :wink: ) as it was good practice for me.

I also snapped one sneaky shot of people at work sketching:

I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer (and was disorganised and rolled up a bit late to start with :roll: ). Hopefully I'll be better next time!

Really looking forward to seeing everyone elses work - did you guys stay in Covent Garden or did you move elsewhere afterwards?
marcello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by marcello »

beautiful!! a lot of energy!!
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

HedgeWytch, I am glad we finally got to meet on a sketchcrawl, brief as it was. I see that you also drew one of those workers. They took some great poses which really gave the impression that they'd just finished a hard morning's labours.

I wandered off after the group disbanded and made a sketch of Waterloo Station, at lower right.

Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

Hey, glad to finally go on a Sketchcrawl .And the weather turned out great in the end. Cool friendly bunch of people turned up lots of great sketches.London really looks great this time of year Cheers ! :thumbup:
Last edited by Neil-W on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adoreth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Adoreth »

Hope you get some more images posted from your great looking group. Love the sketch of the surprised pigeon. It made me smile. :clap:
soeren bendt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by soeren bendt »

good times!

thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Pic of the group sketching at the south bank. Think Miz and Marco were saying goodbye. Sorry Neil, if I'd realised you'd managed to acrobatically perch yourself up there, I'd have done my best not to cut off the top of your head!

Amazing turnout on the day, and I had a great time sketching with you all.

Hedgewytch, sorry didn't get to meet you yesterday, great sketches though! From the angle of the market arch, the angles of Dan's, Marta's and Neil's heads, I know exactly where you were sketching from! The worker with the bag was great, and none of them were fazed at all when the supervisor merrily pointed out that they were all our sketch subjects.

Tom, lovely as always, the little pigeon you did at the end could easily be the star of his own cartoon! Amazing final sketch of Waterloo too.

Neil, your pics don't show up in the thread, but I can view them when I copy the image URL and paste them straight in the browser. Worth the effort though, lots of character in your lines! The colours and lines in the one of the back of the Royal Festival Hall are fantastic and really capture the weather of the day.

Søren, you were a sketch maniac, you tried so many things and got so many sketches done! I see you've got your new toy bending to your will already, fantastic gestures there and I think you really captured Marco in that last sketch.

Mine for the day:

hellohue
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hellohue »

(Dan here) Great work here from everyone, it was good to be in such a big group and have an encouraging energy.
Had a great time yesterday, it was good to go location drawing again after a break. Here's a page from when we were at Covent Garden.

Do people give crit here much? I'd like brutally honest opinions about my work!

(I hope that picture above works, dunno how to upload stuff here)
Last edited by hellohue on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
universitaria
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by universitaria »

Hello, I just wanna know that the drawings there in London are really amazing, you guys did a great work! Love all the drawings! :thumbup:
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Neil-W »

Thanks for that Thek think they are viewable now. Here's a photo from the other side couldn't get everyone in.
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

What a great turn out you guys had! Fantastic sketches all round. Love the group photos! Thek, I'm glad you sketched of the supervisor! It compliments the photos perfectly; we know what EVERYONE looks like now :)

Chan Ghee
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

so exciting and what fun, just simply feel it from the sketches. great work, london team! cheers
Maki
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Maki »

Hi. Great sketches you have!
It's interesting the people sketches.
Each one of you draw different way.
Thankyou for sharing.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

Great turn out London dudes! And very nice sketches. I do love the photo of everyone lined up on the south bank sketching. Next time i'm in London it will be for cold-weather sketching, in december...
Ming1918
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Ming1918 »

Marco Caradonna
Concept Art & Illustration
http://marcocaradonna.com/
http://www.marcocaradonna.blogspot.com/

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”