London, UK [RESULTS]

Saturday July 31 2010
Neil-W
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: London, UK

Post by Neil-W »

Ok, lets say Covent Garden from 12.00
I suggest we meet outside St Pauls Church Covent Garden (Not the Cathedral) Its a big building with pillars that overlooks the main area for street performers. So if you're unsure or lost ask someone where the street performers are and they should point you in the right direction .
If you're coming by tube .Covent Garden station is nearly always shut on saturdays because of overcrowding ,so you need to get to Leicester Square station and walk up Long Acre Road its not too far.
London Graphics Art store is nearby(16-18 Shelton St) for anyone wanting to get sketchbooks ,pens etc The place is jammed with Pubs and Cafes for lunch etc.
So that's outside St Pauls Church Covent Garden (please don't confuse this with the Cathedral) do a google image search.
We can maybe stay there for a few hours till everyone catches up and move off somewhere else Neals Yard is nice.
Hope this helps everyone. I'm a Newby myself so if any of the Real Crawlers can jump in with suggestions that would be great.
Is everyone OK with this ?
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Covent Garden is a great idea. Thanks to all of you for getting it together. I've not had much time to think lately.

From Covent Garden we could either amble North to the British Museum, West to Trafalgar Square, or South over the bridge to the South Bank. What sounds best?
amylou
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by amylou »

Great job, and thanks Neil :)

Covent Garden, see you there
J-P-W
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by J-P-W »

Definitely up for this. Thanks for the invite from Søren, maybe an exchange of mobile numbers via PM?

Covent garden is quite the busy place on a Saturday morn! Being a Londoner for over 15 yrs - St.Pauls is a good a meeting place as any (as Neil_W mentioned). I'm large and beardy and I'll be wearing a tan canvas courier satchel... I'd prefer to meet a bit earlier and warm up a bit - as I live 10 minutes away. Anyone that wants to meet up and get started early let me know. Maybe we should all wear identical rucksacks - good way of blending in with the tourists ;)

Plenty of nice sandwich places near British Museum for lunch etc. See you there!

<edit> It may rain according to accuweather! So prepare for rainsketch action.
Marty
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Marty »

Ok I will do that. :shock:

:D thanks
^__^ Marta Cerrini ^__^
http://www.martacerrini.com/
mizlucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mizlucas »

Great! that'll be fun!

I like the idea of going around the south bank after... there's always street performers, book stalls, boats and loads of people and stuff happening! very vibrant to sketch around. also i work at the imax, so i can get to work easily after hihihihi. anyway, i'll definitely be there.. st paul's cathedral, right? (just joking!) see you!
Ming1918
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Ming1918 »

OK guys,
count me in!
See you tomorrow
M

P.S.
Thx Tom for the reminder:P
Marco Caradonna
Concept Art & Illustration
http://marcocaradonna.com/
http://www.marcocaradonna.blogspot.com/
ushio18
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ushio18 »

would have loved to be there for the London sketchcrawl... .argh..
HedgeWytch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by HedgeWytch »

Morning all!

With my typical lack of organisation I only realised today was sketchcrawl by sheer happenstance :oops: As I've spectacularly failed to make it to any of the previous ones I'm going to try and get to Covent Garden if I can. I'm supposed to be meeting a group of friends in St James's Park but will try and swing by for some sketching first :D

Lovely bloody weather though *looks out the window at the rain* :problem:
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Greetings,
If you can please take a picture of all the whole group, including the shy people ;)
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
Marty
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Marty »

Hi everyone, I think I got where I should come :thumbup: , thanks for the explanations
see ya there, I might be there earlier too, but I think after we will start sketching we will recognise each other 8)
se U ina short time
Later in the day I will need to visit the Art Shop somebody mentioned earlier, looking for some stuff I am looking for.
CIAOOOOO :wave:

Marta
:roll: :P :lol: 8) :wink:
^__^ Marta Cerrini ^__^
http://www.martacerrini.com/
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Was hoping to get there early too but I hadn't realised a lot of lines are out of commission today! I'm currently sitting in a rail replacement bus and who knows how long this'll take. I'll look out for you lot when I get there. I'm wearing a checkered shirt and carrying a largish crumpler satchel, and looking a right geek with 3 drawing instruments in my top
pocket. A bientot.
mizlucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mizlucas »

i'll be there about 12.20 or so... so don't disapear without me!!

miz
J-P-W
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by J-P-W »

:thumbup: will scan efforts tomorrow ... is this the right place?
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- great photo J-P-W

And yes, indeed, this is the right place for results, here. I changed the title.
t

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”