Oslo, Norway [RESULTS]

Saturday July 31 2010
Olve
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Oslo, Norway [RESULTS]

Post by Olve »

Once again Oslo joins the World Wide SketchCrawl!
This time we'll meet up at the very top of the Opera at 13:00 and sketch ourselves through town before we settle down with food and drinks and even more sketching.

Facebook Event
Olve
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Oslo, Norway

Post by Olve »

I'll be spending the day sketching in France instead, but the plans will stay the same in Oslo. 13:00 on top of the Opera.
Happy SketchCrawl Oslo! :)
ohjay
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ohjay »

Alright, so I got my ass to the location that was announced(top of the roof of the opera building) but as it turned out, the few people I knew didn't turn up. No stress, I figured I'd look for random strangers with sketchbooks. Apart from disturbing a poor lady who had a book and pen in hand, but used it to write(!) my search was to no avail. So I sat down and sketched the damn building by myself, until it got too windy.
I found a café and discovered some cool patches of cobblestone outside, so I could sketch those while having coffee. Turned out though, the café was about to close so I only got to have my coffee and get the sketch _almost_ done.
So I installed myself at another café where they weren't likely to close just yet, and got this done before my hand was shaking from too much caffeine.
All in all, great sketchrawl!
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Sorry that you didn't find any other sketchers - I sketched alone too. Your sketches are terrific!
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Oslo, Norway [RESULTS]

Post by Stella »

Oh, so crazy. I was there before 1pm and hung about til almost 2pm. I also disturbed a man reading. Obviously the top of the Opera was too wide an area. We were eventually 4 sketchers, but I really missed having us ALL together. Next year we must have a more including plan. I haven"t figured out how to post my sketches yet so more soon but later. Stella
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- well, maybe someone will post sketches with a similar story here too ... sooner or later, ohjay ;)

I especially like the sketch with the crosswalk!

Thanks for sharing,
t.
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Yes Wonderful pictures Ohjay! I admire you for keepng up your momentum dispite the disapointment.
I"m going to order a sketch crawl Tshirt so that next year we will find each other and many more.
Here are my sketches below showing some of our group of 4:

On the Opera roof

At the "Kirkeristen" cafe

Stella
Last edited by Stella on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adoreth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Adoreth »

Sorry you ended up sketching alone. But, your results are amazing!
Maki
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Maki »

Hi, Oslo crawlers.

Olve, you went to France?! You visit various place for sketchcrawls! That's so cool.
ohjay, really impressive sketches. The first one's structure's figure is great.
Stella, I love your lines of people. It shows them very attractive.
ohjay
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ohjay »

@mhimeswc: Thanks, really it was no bad experience. By myself I got to sit down at each location for as long as I wanted, which is not a bad thing.

@stella: Oh no, so there were actually peeps with sketchbooks there! From the facebook event (which I only thought of checking afterwards) it looked like almost all cancelled, I figured the remaining few had called eachother and just gone somewhere else. T-shirts is a good idea. And we need secret handshakes! XD

And your soft lines are amazing, I'm jealous.

@thorsten: Thanks! And, turns out you were right - we just failed at finding eachother :)

@maki & adoreth: Cheers, hope you had a good sketchcrawl too guys.
Olve
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Olve »

It's really cool to see that people turned up even though I ran off to France - even people I don't know. :D Too bad you missed eachother and that I didn't have the chance to meet you. I guess I should have been more specific about the excact location on the Opera. I thought of the very top where you can look down on the entrance (right there on ohjay's first sketch). Well... next time.
Great sketches by the way!
Stella: It's sooner than next year. This happens every second month. :)
Maki: Hehe, seems so. Just came back tonight. There were only three of us. So not as crowded as in Tokyo. :) Will post something in the Vannes, France-thread as soon as I get things organized.
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Now I have the Tshirt! Looking forward to the next Crawl.
Stella
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Hei Sketch Crawlers only 10 days left. Give me a wink under the 29th Sketchcrawl where I have started a post for Oslo!
Stella
Stella
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Stella »

Hi Bella lin, welcome. The next sketch crawl is Saturday January 22nd 2011. So check in under the 30th World Wide SketchCrawl (Oslo) post to see where we will meet. it still hasn't been decided. C u Soon. Stella

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”