Exeter, Devon UK

Saturday July 31 2010
Chinookz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Exeter, Devon UK

Post by Chinookz »

Anyone up for joining the 2nd Exeter SketchCrawl?

I'm suggesting we start at the Phoenix Art Centre at 11am again.

Last time we visited Gandy St, Cathedral Green and The Quay for our main locations. I'd be interested to hear any other suggestions for our second crawl. We could consider places like the new shopping centre 'plaza', Northernhay Gardens, Trews Weir and/or somewhere indoors such as the Museum which has got a wealth of great subjects for sketching.

Then at 3pm we meet to review and chat over a cup of tea before finishing.

All this weather permitting of course but could be fun even if we have to alter the locations a little; inside the Cathedral rather than outside for example!
For anyone who missed the last crawl, take a look at the Exeter entry on the 27th SketchCrawl Forum for pics.

Let me know if you're interested! Either here or by email to nikchinook@tiscali.co.uk.
loodles
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Exeter, Devon UK

Post by loodles »

Hi Nick

I'll definitely be there. Really looking forward to the next crawl.

I have been thinking about places to go and here's a few...

1. Rougemont gardens area (cafes, old buildings/courts, people, nature)
2. southernhay area/bedford streeet (shops etc)
3. River area - mill on the ex, down to the quay/harbour
4. Inside the CAthedral (will cost about £4 as they now charge to get in!)
5. CAfe-crawl (all our drawings take place from a cafe view)

The museum is still closed and won't be open until 2011, i checked the other day....booooooo.

that's it for now, will post if i can think of some other interesting areas.

If anybody is reading this and is unsure whether to come. COME!. It's a really pleasant day, you don't have to be a hot shot sketcher in anyway shape or form. If you fancy just having a go and putting pencil to paper without any criticism, then this day is for you.
Chinookz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Exeter, Devon UK

Post by Chinookz »

Thanks loodles,
Great suggestions. I like the idea of Rougemount and also the new Southernhay area especially. The inside of the cathedral would be fab but maybe keep it in reserve for if the weather's crap. Likewise cafe-crawl. Although my inexhaustible appetite for good coffee makes it very tempting.

I'm gonna knock up a poster and I'll send you and others a PDF of it. If you can print some copies and distribute wherever you can, that would be great! :)

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”