Cologne, Germany - in view of the Cathedral!

Saturday May 15 2010
Felo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Cologne, Germany - in view of the Cathedral!

Post by Felo »

We started our Cologne sketchcrawl yesterday at the Domforum which is a kind of social center with a big room with tables, coffee and - most important - large windows vis-à-vis the Cologne Cathedral (the Kölner Dom). You have a nice view not only at the cathedral itself, but on all the passersby, musicians and street artists on the Domplatte, the big place in front of the cathedral.

...and have the luxury of drawing while sitting warm (it was rather windy outside, especially on the Domplatte, where there is usually a lot of wind!) and drinking tasty and cheap coffee.

Later in the afternoon we (let's say: the rest of us, because, as normally, not all the sketchcrawlers could stay all day - though I was very pleased, that so many of them joined this time! :thumbup: ) started our outside crawl round the Cathedral - and crawled straight into the Cathedral! (No cold winds inside there, and lots of great motives!)

After a snack at the nearby central station and a last visit to the Rhine (still in view of the Cathedral - but where in Cologne wouldn't that be the case anyway?), we (down to two crawlers at that time) dissolved the Cologne Sketchcrawl group in the evening.

I went to an art exposition later that evening (with ping pong table!), and there I was still sketchcrawling, couldn't stop... :wink:

It was a gret crawl with tons of drawings and lots of fun! I think there will be more Cologne Sketchcrawl groups!!

...Pictures, fotos, drawings, etc. are soon to follow!
Felo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Cologne, Germany - in view of the Cathedral!

Post by Felo »

Oops. I just found out, that there already was an existing Thread for Colgogne. I have to visit the forum more frequently! :shifty:

Ulli postet some of her drawings from our nice lookout point in the Dom-Forum here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5144&start=0#p25667

Please visit there for more drawings to come. I will post mine there, too (when I've scanned them all)

And if any of the rest of our group happens to come around here, too, feel free to post your drawings there as well! :wave:
Last edited by Felo on Sun May 16, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Cologne, Germany - in view of the Cathedral!

Post by Felo »

PS.: Or maybe an admin could join the two Cologne threads? That would be grand! :angel:

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”