MUNICH/ Germany [RESULTS]

Saturday May 15 2010
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

MUNICH/ Germany [RESULTS]

Post by KarinH »

Good Morning Munich Sketchers,

talked to Constanze yesterday and we thought we better start the post - so here it is !
One of the ideas (provided weather is nice) is to go to Olympic Park (with stadion, Olympic village in the back, BMW buildings etc) - any other ideas ?

Looking forward to May,
KarinH
Last edited by KarinH on Sun May 16, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: MUNICH/ Germany

Post by migi »

I’ll be there and I like the idea to draw at the Olympic Park. Let’s hope it’s not raining on Mai 15.

See you soon :)
Pina
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Olympic Park may not be such a good idea - it is where events for the Kirchentag are happening - and I found 2 or 3pages of events, all on saturday, all in the Olympic Park... so I guess we will only see people, nothing else at all.
So any alternative ideas ?
We could go to Schloß & Park Nymphenburg or walk around between Chines.Turm, engl. Garten und Schwabing (Kaulbachstr etc) -if the weather starts to be nice....
Or stay downtown- that leaves options of .... more people & crowds & prayers, there is a lot going on downtown,too (www.oekt.de).
So may be better to "escape" completely, go to Schloß Schleissheim ? inside if nasty weather, garden if nice.
Open to more ideas !
And we should post final destination and time by Thursday evening.

KarinH
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

Hello Karin (and all other MünchnerInnen),

the upcoming Sketchcrawl is noted on my calender, and I will try to come. Due to other issues I may have to change my plans at very short notice, however.

As far as the location is concerned, I will go along with whatever you decide. (In the future I will try to contribute suggestions.)

Wolfgang
FrankH
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by FrankH »

Sure hope the Weather will be nice. And that I'll get my girlfriend to participate too. ;)
migi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by migi »

I've almost forgotten about the sketch crawl :oops: . Sadly, the weather forecast doesn't look promising for Saturday and there will be many people in the city because of Kirchentag. Inside Schloß Schleissheim is probably a good idea than and I wasn't there before. Or maybe a museum like Glyptothek (but it is probably crowded there too)? I don't have a better idea.
textiledreamer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by textiledreamer »

Susi sent me an email, she won't be able to make it this time. I agree with everything that has been said re the weather and the crowds. Getting out of town might be our best option. I really shouldn't spend all day sketching, though, so somewhere easy to get to would be nice.

Constanze
ottokar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ottokar »

Hi,
has anyone decided on where to go and when to meet?
thanks,
andrew
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Yes - with nobody else volunteering, I have taken a decision :thumbup:

We will meet at 11.00 in the Cafe inside Pinakothek der Moderne (ground floor, towards Gabelsberger Str., you can also enter from there) - no need to buy a ticket to get into the cafe.
Then we can go inside here (ticket 10,- Euro) or visit one of the other museums around (ticket for all 3 Pinakotheken plus Museum Brandhorst for Euro 12,-) - or sketch outside if the weather is not too bad.
For lunch I have made a reservation for 13.30 at Tresznjewski, restaurant/brasserie at the corner of Barer Str./Theresienstr..

Hope it is not too busy and rainy,
see you tomorrow,
KarinH
ottokar
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ottokar »

hi,
I'm not sure I'll be able to come tomorrow, but I will definitely be interested in future sketch crawls,
andrew
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Hi Andrew,

would be great if you could make it tomorrow - we are always looking for new sketchers to increase our numbers (still a long way to go untiil we get to big groups as in other places).
If you cannot make it - maybe next time, hopefully in much better weather ! and then we can try the Olympic Park again.

See you soon,
KarinH
migi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by migi »

Hi Karin,

thanks for setting this all up and making a reservation for lunch. Until tomorrow, then :).

Pina
textiledreamer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by textiledreamer »

Suggestion sounds good to me, I'll be there :-)

Constanze
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

I will be there, too.

Wolfgang
migi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by migi »

This time we – four sketchers – met at the Pinakothek der Moderne. Because of the cold weather, we decided to stay inside and crawl the different exhibitions they have there.

We started at the café and I did my first sketch there.

In the design exhibition a bike was my target (a prototype from Luigi Colani).

In the architecture exhibition, this model caught my eye.

In the art collection I drew this sculpture from Otto Freundlich with the title “Ascension”.

After lunch I got a little bit tired and this chairs were very comfy and perfect to relax.

I finished with a staircase in the design section. In the back you can see the Rotunda - the entrance hall and center of the museum.

Now I’m looking forward to see the results from my fellow sketchers again :).
Pina
Last edited by migi on Sun May 16, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”