Sketchcrawl Vancouver, BC

Drawings and tales from november 21st 2004
Tony
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sketchcrawl Vancouver, BC

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:00 pm

Crap it was freezing. I didn't take a toque OR gloves. Ran from 10:30 AM til 7:00 at night. The surprise for me was that it was really, really relaxing!

My Drawings!
[url=http://www.tonycliff.com/portfolio/sketchcrawl/sketchcrawl01_photos.htm]
My Photos![/url]

Two favorites:

Good times! Also, it wasn't til I scanned it all in that I noticed how much I had, which was pleasant. I only regret not taking markers. Oh, and a toque.
Last edited by Tony on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

mothos
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Postby mothos » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:49 pm

Thankfully I remembered gloves. But yes, Sketchcrawl Vancouver was nose runningly awesome. The camera is now grudgingly uploading to my comp. The daunting task of HTML coding it all into a workable page lies before me.

Tony
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:43 am

<Bump> Okay, I posted my stuff! See above. (I didn't know editing didn't count as posting).

mike

coolies

Postby mike » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:47 am

Good stuff, I forgot how many people there were in the beggining of the day. Too bad not everyone showed up at the end. I hope everyone will post there stuff though. I should have mine up by tommorow.

rainboy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Postby rainboy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:07 am

Tony, I luv ur human sketches! REally niCe!

Btw do u like Jap food? If u do, tat Jap restaurant (Matsu) across Gastown steam-clock(beside starbucks) is pretty good, not too pricey too(compare to little Japan...).

Tony
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:48 pm

Ha ha, Thanks Rainboy! Except Matsu's been replaced by some curry house or something! I used to go to Matsu for lunch every now and then and it WAS really good, but it's not there anymore! ARHKJAAHK!

rainboy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Postby rainboy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:55 pm

Except Matsu's been replaced by some curry house or something!

WHAT???!!!!! And none of my buddies told me abt it?!!!
NnnOOOoooooO~~~!!! :cry: Do u know where'd it moved to?
Good food plus memories, e ingredients to become a must stop for me when I go to Vancouver....

Mike

Big photo dump

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:16 pm

Ok, this is what everybody (well, me) has been waiting for. The drawings of the day. Ok here goes.

1. 10:00am: We all me at the steps of the art gallery downtown and this is what I saw across from the gallery.

2. It was fun drawing the crowd across from us who were getting ready to watch the Santa Clause parade. I tried to quickly sketch a Chinese lion/tiger? that went by in like 5 seconds. I also managed to scribble down a band member’s sax and a girl that was in the crowd.

3. There was a cool Chinese dancer with these red scarves that went whizzing by really fast. A couple managed to get on the roof of one of the buildings. What a perfect spot to watch the parade. After the parade we headed to Blenz for refreshments at around 1:30ish.

4. After that we headed to china town and sketched at the gardens. It was really nice there.

5. I sketched one more before we headed out to gas town at around 4:30ish. It was already getting dark at this time, and really cold. The lamps are really cool looking in gas town. Tourists seem to love flocking to the steam clock. Both a lot of fun to draw but then I started turning into a Popsicle soooo.

6. 6:00ish: We decided to head to the Star bucks on Robson street to get warm. These were some of the people chilling in there.

7. We arrived at Subeez at around 7:15 to meet up with everyone else and share stories and sketches. There was really cool candle stick holders covered in wax. Anyone who's been to Subeez knows what I'm talking about. It was a lot of fun to see what everyone else did during the day. That was it; good times were had all around.

Now, photo time!!

The crowd

Tony and Sarah

My fav pic, these guys were going up on two wheels. Pretty sweet.

The sketch crawlers at Subeez

My fav part of the parade was the Ronald McDonald float which consisted of a large stretched SUV limo with tinted windows and Ronald peering out of the sun roof. Kids were going wild, and behind the Ronald McDonald crew who was accompanied by a huge entourage of people, were two old ladies on foot holding a tattered banner for the food bank. I thought that was priceless.
Overall I would say Sketch Crawl Vancouver was a smashing sucess. I can't wait to do it again.

*All images are copyright Mike Tse.

chris

Postby chris » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:50 am

here are my pics from vancouver sketch crawl. lots of drawings. favorites are at the xxx shops and the girl posing in her tight jeans and short puffy jacket at the library. it's good to drink all day, draw and paint. next time, a different pencil to sketch with (not a 2B). summer would be good too.
Image[/url]

erin

Postby erin » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:56 am

hi tony. it's the 3 people on the left not the right. here are my drawrings:

ro

Postby ro » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:28 am

A rather cold day in Vancouver resulted in few images. Considering that it has been years since I've sketched (or drawn anything) this was a great experience. Enjoy.
The candle is my favorite image and I realize it's not a sketch but thought I would include it anyway.

My turn!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:06 am

Wow, I feel like some sort of keener or something... here's about half of mine on an HTML page of their own.

http://www.twirlynoodle.com/sketchcrawl ... awl01.html

Sarah

Forgot me own name!

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:18 am

Um, yeah... that's me, just posted as "Guest"... I didn't know I could actually use my actual name to post so here I am changing that. MY NAME IS SARAH AND I AM A SKETCHCRAWLER!

Sarah

The end

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:30 am

Tadaa! Second page is up. I'll be paying for this tomorrow... zzzzzzz....

http://www.twirlynoodle.com/sketchcrawl ... awl02.html

zironu
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Postby zironu » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:24 pm

Sarah's stuff looks AWWWWEEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEE~ :)

Return to “1st World Wide SketchCrawl day!”