Where do you live, & where was it most fun to draw??

Drawings and tales from november 21st 2004
zironu
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Where do you live, & where was it most fun to draw??

Post by zironu »

I live in Cypress, California (USA), and the most fun place I drew at was Downtown Disney. It's a small outlet-looking sort of place, but it also has street musicians, plenty of restaraunts, and lots of fun things to do. I particularly enjoyed this one band that played salsa music. People in the crowd were moved by the music, and broke out into dance. :) Fun to draw for me.
Seian
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Seian »

That sounds like a cool spot to draw. I spent most of my day split between home and my studio in an old mill in Indian Orchard, MA. I'd have liked to get some mill drawings in - cool old brick and such - but it was such a drippy cold day I was too wimpy to sit out in the rain. :wink:
bluemax500
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bluemax500 »

I wasted too much time around shopping centers. They're by far the worst place to draw I've ever been to. Everything bores me and I don't want to draw, I just want to buy the occasional book. I prefer farmers markets, or just neighborhoods in general, although I also tend to Sketchcrawl without stopping for food, water, or even coffee.

Post by Guest »

I was at Downtown Disney last year - at Disneyland, right? I like to sketch anywhere there are people congregating. Cafes and neighborhood commercial districts with character are great. And I love to sketch when I travel - everything looks new and fresh in a brand new setting, and it;s a great way to save the memory.

Return to “1st World Wide SketchCrawl day!”