Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Saturday February 27 2010
yenya
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by yenya »

26th World Wide SketchCrawl in Barcelona.

My drawings:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennyadam/
jiveatfive
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by jiveatfive »

Plaça de la Virreina

Mercat
Market

Plaça Vila de Gràcia

gent al bar
people in a bar

vogadosketx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by vogadosketx »

Beautifull sketches. Loved the market. One of the things I like to see. People selling vegetables, fish...
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

First of all, thanks for starting the results' thread, I still haven't found the moment to scan my poor results of the day!

@Yenya: I love the composition on your first sketch... really nice way to capture the scene without describing everything on it. Also like the chickens, the seafood and fish sketches... really nice lines on those too!
I'm glad to see you had a nice and productive day!

@Jiveatfive: I'm a bit jealous of all your panoramic views, you managed to capture almost the 380 degrees view of those squares! You should also make a full series with the market stalls!
Promise me next time you'll try the markers to give some values to your drawings!

SALUT & keep sketching!

EclecticBox
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Great to see your drawings again, Yenya and JiveatFive. Yenya-I love those drawings of Plaça de la Vila de Gracia and the drawing of Lapin. I recognised him when I saw this drawing in your sketchbook.Jiveat Five- it was great to draw in such relaxed company. Great panoramic shots of the plazas. Can't wait to see the other group members' results.
Unfortunately, I could only make it for the afternoon, arriving around 15:30h. While the group were finishing lunch, I did some warm up sketches on Carrer Puigmartí, just around the corner from the restaurant (the large one looking towards John Lennon Square and the two smaller ones looking towards the market). Then I had the pleasure of meeting up with the gang, some new faces for me as I had missed 2 previous sketchcrawls. It was great to see Eclecticbox again. It was a pity I had just missed Lapin.

These are from the plaza that was once called Ruis i Taulet , now called Plaça Vila de Gracia (they changed the name last year, I think). After attempting to do a few with colour I started a "blind drawing" of Jordi who was sitting beside me. But the paper was so damp from the previous sketches that the pencil wouldn't take to it, so I just finished it off quickly.

A mixture of sketches from the bar we went to in Carrer Verdi.

It was a great afternoon spent in very nice company. Thanks to all for sharing their time and a big thanks to Eclecticbox for organizing everything for the Barcelona group.
Pasé una tarde genial en muy buena compañía! Gracias a todos por compartir su tiempo y especialmente a Eclecticbox por haberlo organizado todo para el grupo de Barcelona. :D
Meg_
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Meg_ »

Hi! Thanks - had a great time drawing with the group. We arrived a little later in the day, but there was time for some sketching in a plaza and a bar in C/ Verdí - very Gràcia!

Here are mine:

...And here are Susana's (she doesn´t have an account yet!)

lapin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lapin »

my sketches of the 26th sketchcrawl I participate to in barcelona with other 9 sketchers, in the district of gracia.
I couldn't resist to sketch one more time a "montesa impala" (a classic spanish motorbike)… than I had to left at midday, so I only did a short cession that time.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Great result from Barcelona!! :thumbup:
yenya - amazingly beautiful line drawings!
jiveatfive - Lovely city views!
dave c - Beautiful coloring! I am also a big fun of your style. Love both people's drawings and the town view.
Meg_ - Great capture of the people!
lapin - I like both thick line drawing and these delicate fine line ones. the casa behind the tree looks terrific :D
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

nice sketches of people everybody! :clap:
Lapin your style is always interesting, I like especially the motorbike :)

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”