BERLIN, Germany [RESULTS]

Saturday February 27 2010
jaz999
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

BERLIN, Germany [RESULTS]

Post by jaz999 »

Hi folks,
Olga, Catalina + friend (sorry, I'm not sure I was told your name, was it Alliana?) and I met up at Potsdamer Platz amongst a mob of musicians. My crawl began first at the bus stop in Alt Moabit (the Korean Sushi restaurant "OK") with my zipper at the train station Ernst Reuther Platz.
After meeting up with the girls, we went to the Sony Center to draw the spike and the people milling about. I tried a semi-contour drawing of the sharp ceiling construction. It was also a good chance to practise gesture drawing with the people, who were all in constant motion.
The rather cold and windy weather drove us back underground, and we looked for a warmer place to safely expose our tender artist fingers. The rather ritzy 'Oranium' next to the Jewish Museum in Oranienburger str. was where we unpacked sketchpads and watercolours (just wait til you see Catalina's paintings!) I am becoming a Yogi Tea junkie, hehe.
We had a nice view of people waiting at the street crossing or meeting up in front of the museum. We also drew some of the other cafe-goers and a digger on a construction site in Tucholskystr. I still wish we had a chance to draw the woman with the pair of parrots -a cockatoo and african gray perched on the handlebars of her bike... Maybe another time.
Kitchener--> Melbourne--> Berlin. You can follow my artistic adventures on my blog here!
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: BERLIN, Germany [RESULTS]

Post by mhimeswc »

Wow, you were busy! You got some great sketches in there, and the quick gesture sketches look like fun. Yes, it's hard to sketch when your subjects refuse to stay still. :-) You did great!
jaz999
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jaz999 »

Thanks! Just wait til you see the others' work!
Kitchener--> Melbourne--> Berlin. You can follow my artistic adventures on my blog here!
olkazavr
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by olkazavr »

Hi jaz999,
Nice sketches and thank you for such a full story!
I started with a sketch of passengers on a way to Potsdamer platz and 'Genaues gewicht' machine that told passengers their weigh is not ideal years ago. You can still see them on some stations.
Image Image Image
After sketching Sony center which reminds me of a huge insect we got cold and moved to cafe Oranium.
Catalina and Amaia:
Image Image

People on the street: to cross or not to cross?
in cafe Oranium:
Image Image
Jen
It was nice to see you all and I am looking forward to the others' sketches (and maybe photos, Amaia?)
don't forget about life drawing session together as well :wave:
my blog
Sketchcrawl adventures: my blog-->sketchcrawl
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MarilynnB »

Sehr gut, Berliners! Was ist "SketchCrawl?" auf deutsch?
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

MarilynnB wrote:Sehr gut, Berliners! Was ist "SketchCrawl?" auf deutsch?
-- that would be something like: "SkizzierKriechen" :crazy: sounds akward to me, though.

Jennifer and Olga! You both rock in Berlin.
It's allways good to see your simple barely lined sketches, Olga and your vivid spontaneous lines, Jennifer!

Thanks for sharing ... seems we're getting more, to make a "Schönes Wochenend Ticket"-Crawl in between Hamburg and Berlin next year ;)
T.
jaz999
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jaz999 »

-Oder Kritzelkriechen, haha. Nee.
Ich könnte es auch glatt mit "Spass" übersetzen. (I would translate it with 'fun')
Thanks Olga, Thorsten. The idea of a cross-city SCrawl sounds interesting. Drawing in the DB is fun!
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

"
jaz999 wrote:-Oder Kritzelkriechen, (...)
:thumbup:
sehr schön

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”