Washington DC USA

Saturday February 27 2010
Ctribastone
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Washington DC USA

Post by Ctribastone »

Sounds good to me. Let's plan on making it there (the Mitsitam Cafe) around 11:30 then. We can hit one or two locations by then.
jwinstead
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jwinstead »

That sounds like a good plan - I'll try to join you as well.
woodcut55
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by woodcut55 »

Then we meet at 10:00 AM at the Freer entrance foyer? Work our way over to the Lunch date at 11:30 NMAI...
Does anyone know what the policy is about bringing in small stool to sit on to draw in the galleries? I know they won't let us sit on the floor from an earlier scolding in another Smithsonian art museum.
Ctribastone
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Ctribastone »

I'm not certain on the Galleries' policy on bringing stools, but I for one and going to try and travel light. I believe most of the museums and galleries that have high traffic check bags, so it might make it easier on yourself to only bring the essentials.

Now that I think about it though, I brought a small collapsible stool into the Natural History Museums a few 'crawls ago with no problems, so I think you'll be able to get one in just fine.
woodcut55
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by woodcut55 »

woodcut55 wrote:I'm not certain on the Galleries' policy on bringing stools, but I for one and going to try and travel light. I believe most of the museums and galleries that have high traffic check bags, so it might make it easier on yourself to only bring the essentials. Now that I think about it though, I brought a small collapsible stool into the Natural History Museums a few 'crawls ago with no problems, so I think you'll be able to get one in just fine.
Thank you Christian, I am considering my options. I usually avoid lugging stuff around it literally makes my back ache.
Freer museum does have a check room with no security but open hangers and bins. There is no coat or baggage check rooms at the NMAI or at the Hirshhorn and many of the Smithsonian museum buildings.
National Gallery of Art has a free coat and bag check with a security guard but don't allow phones, cameras or those sorts of electronic devices to be checked.
Ctribastone
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Ctribastone »

If anyone else feels like coming, or joining later in the day, I'll be updating our location on http://twitter.com/bjorneskil as we crawl around.

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”