Crawlers in the UK?

Saturday February 27 2010
paintbox_rambler
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Crawlers in the UK?

Post by paintbox_rambler »

Hello all,
I'm looking to hook up with some other sketchcrawlers out there in the UK...do we have any possible locations already?
I've always been out on my own in the past but would like to sketch with a group this time...I'm near Shrewsbury, England, but will travel... :thumbup:
Macaruba
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Crawlers in the UK?

Post by Macaruba »

Hi All UKers

I'm really interested in a group from the East, I'm in West Suffolk.
Probably a bit far from Shrewsbury paintbox_rambler!
If anyone else is interested please get in touch.

Cheers
Macaruba

paintbox_rambler
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by paintbox_rambler »

UK sketch crawlers where are you all? :crazy:
Come out of hiding please...show yourselves...only 3 weeks till the next crawl!
chibituza
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chibituza »

Hi! :)

I'm planning on participating on this Setchcrawl. But I'm in Edinburgh.
lynnechapman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lynnechapman »

I'm in Sheffield in South Yorkshire, but seemingly all on my lonesome - anyone else out there??? :cry:
pencil mega
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pencil mega »

In Southampton but possibly going to Brighton with a few others. Seem we're prety spread out!
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

I have started a London thread in case anyone will be there.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4847
harson
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by harson »

Hi im in ayrshire scotland not many people about here .only other scots member i can see is from edinburgh :(
patmosphere
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by patmosphere »

Yes please! I live in Berwick upon Tweed - lovely sketching location - but travel a lot. Have wondered about posting where I will be sketching and when!
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by CyberDave »

patmosphere... :wave:

Okay,I am familiar with Berwick upon Tweed as I have lots of relatives just down the coast from you in Northumberland.. everywhere from Lesbury, to Cramlington to Newcastle on Tyne. Berwick upon Tweed is a beautiful place to sketch.
I was actually sketching a scene from Lesbury today from photos to send to one of my relatives..... Sorry I am not closer but I am in Vancouver, Canada, not so easy to meet with you in person. :lol:
I have not seen any sketch groups on Sketchcrawl for that city. I see you already have a Flickr site and aren't you with Urban Sketchers?

The best way to get a group together for SketchCrawl is to check back to this site periodically and wait until Enrico Casarosa to announce the next couple of World Wide Sketchcrawl dates (don't hold me to this but they will probably be Jan and Apr 2012 on the closest Saturday to the 15th of the month). Then when the Sketchcrawl #34 Posting goes up, then go in and create a thread with label Berwick-upon-Tweed, UK. Announce in it who you are and that you wish to see who else from that town wishes to participate in the Sketchcrawl. If you don't get any hits after a week or so, I suggest you check around the local art stores and with other artists and invite them to come out. They do not have to stat out of be members, they don't even have to be artists, just people that are interested in going out and sketching for a few hours.

You do not have to wait until the next World Wide Sketchcrawl. Suggest you try looking out for one or two people that want to go out and do a mini-scetchcrawl. Results of these can be posted under Random Sketchcrawls.

Also check back through the old Sketchcrawl threads and see if there are sketchers from nearby cities and towns that are willing to meet.

Message me if you have any questions or you need help.

CyberDave
Vancouver, BC

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”