Ann Arbor, MI, USA [Results]

November 21st 2009 - Our 5th Anniversary SketchCrawl!!!
sakami
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Ann Arbor, MI, USA [Results]

Post by sakami »

Dear Sketch Craw Forum,

This was my first Sketch Crawl. Although I only had a few stolen moments to draw one drawing, this was really fun.

I also believe I am the only Ann Arbor Sketch Crawler. If so, I will try to gather more folks for the next event. If not, I would love to meet others!

bh yoo
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Ann Arbor, MI, USA [Results]

Post by bh yoo »

Ann, I love this one which is naive but moderate. Admire your braveness to sketch all alone. You're the best! :thumbup: :clap:
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

good sketch - was this sketched in the middle of a department store? very brave indeed
sakami
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sakami »

Hello! Thanks for the comments!

I was getting my hair done and was waiting for my color to process; so that's 40 minutes to sketch with nowhere to go! My stylist was shocked to see what happened. It was so much fun! I haven't sketched in many, many years like this, out in the open.

I am trying to improve and I suppose just getting a pencil to paper and observing different styles and methods is how it happens! Looking forward to the next one! It will be great to learn from you, professional sketchers.

Best wishes,
Katie
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Katie -- I'm so glad you did this. I love sketching when I have time to kill, so you used your time well! hope you do more!
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Hi Katie,

it certainly does not show that you did not do a lot of sketching recently !
Yours does look very professional :thumbup:

Earlier this year I started my vacation sketchbook while getting a foot massage/pedicure in Bangkok Airport - the sketch shows my pants, legs and feet plus part of the two ladies working on my feet (started the sketch too close to the upper edge of the page) - the ladies found it very amusing !

Some years ago I spent a few days in Ann Arbor with a friend - originally we wanted to drive to Chicago but never made it that far, preferred Ann Arbor and Michigan with the many cafes, quilt shops, antique shops etc. Found a fabulous cafe in Ann Arbor but have forgotten the name - most impressive French Toast portions I have ever seen :D
Waiting for more sketches from Ann Arbor in the next Sketcrawl !

Greetings from Munich,
Karin
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

You may have only had time for one sketch, but it is super!!! Thanks for sharing it.
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Bravo, Katie! :thumbup:
I just ran acrss your crawlpage a this late date. Good use of your time. Are you going to world wide sketchcrawl in Feb?
I once lived in Ann Arbor, would like to see some familiar places sometime (if it's not too cold!)
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher

Return to “25th World Wide SketchCrawl”