New Orleans [USA]

November 21st 2009 - Our 5th Anniversary SketchCrawl!!!
revengeofthepencil
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

New Orleans [USA]

Post by revengeofthepencil »

11/20/09 NOTE: weather forecast is for rain and thunderstorms. I'll still be out there even if the weather is lousy, although if it is raining we'll probably just have to go draw inside the museum. Still not a bad way to spend the day.

We've had a couple of false starts on some previous Sketch Crawls, but this time I hope we can actually make it happen. I think City Park would be a great spot. Unless a chorus of other ideas comes pouring in, let's meet on the steps in front of the New Orleans Museum of Art at 10:30am. Hope to see a few of you there.

Best,
Alex
Last edited by revengeofthepencil on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Revenge of the Pencil - A Sketch Blog From New Orleans, LA
http://revengeofthepencil.blogspot.com
Itch2Sketch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: New Orleans [USA]

Post by Itch2Sketch »

Alex,

Never heard fo SketchCrawls before. Thanks for posting it on Craig's list. I hope to be able to meet at City Park on the 21st.

Bill Hall
revengeofthepencil
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: New Orleans [USA]

Post by revengeofthepencil »

I'm very excited to head out for the sketch crawl this weekend and I have high hopes that one or two other people might show up this time. I'll be sitting on the steps in front of the New Orleans Museum of Art at 10:30, doodling away in my sketchbook.

A few notes on the location...

I think City Park will be a great place to draw as long as the weather cooperates. I have a couple of folding chairs from JazzFest in the trunk of my car, so anyone who wants to use my spare to sit out among the oak trees is welcome. There's also the New Orleans Museum of Art, which is free to LA residents and has lots of great stuff to draw (I'm especially fond of the Asian Art room). Note that that only allow dry media and they won't let you bring in a tablet larger than 8.5 x 11. One other spot I'm fond of is the sculpture garden. They have a lot of great stuff and it is technically free to get in, although they do request a $5 donation. This should give us plenty to work with.

Best,
Alex
Revenge of the Pencil - A Sketch Blog From New Orleans, LA
http://revengeofthepencil.blogspot.com

Return to “25th World Wide SketchCrawl”