London, UK

November 21st 2009 - Our 5th Anniversary SketchCrawl!!!
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

London, UK

Post by Chelle »

Anyone interested, will be near by, or have any location ideas?
This will be my first! :thumbup:
Miz Lucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: London, UK

Post by Miz Lucas »

I definitely want to go, and it will be my first one too. It'd be nice if someone that had done it before came forward to organize the London Sketch Crawl. I'll be there!

Miz Lucas
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chelle »

Yay! That's two of us then! I think closer to the time some more people will start to join us.
Maybe then we could figure out where to meet.
Possibly somewhere in or near central London? It might be easier for everyone if it were.
Miz Lucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Miz Lucas »

Sure! I'll be honest, I really don't mind where, it might be a good idea to start somewhere like Camden, Southbank or Tafalgar Square... Care to do the honours and chose? :) I'm game for whatever you decide! Also, at what time shall we meet?

Miz
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chelle »

Sorry it took me so long to reply! OK, how about we meet at Trafalgar Square? Then at least we're central and we can walk around to wherever. With all the people there it seems like a great place to start!
And we could meet at 1pm maybe? Or is that too early/late?
I'm not too great at organising, but I've seen that this post has been viewed over 30 times so I know there's more people interested other than just me and you! Lol. :thumbup:
Speak up guys! The more the better! 8)
FIREBOT
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by FIREBOT »

Hey... I'm in if you want more...

Also, do you guys know about this?
http://www.drsketchylondon.co.uk/events.html
Its the night of the same day. I went to one about a year ago at a burlesque club in Soho called Madamme JoJo's. Its basically figure drawing with burlesque dancers as models, and music+drinks. I was going to do this anyway, so now I would just go out earlier with my sketch kit and do urban sketches, then shift gears and head to Dr.Sketchy's later...

Ed
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chelle »

Hi Ed!
Nice to see we have more people! And I'd totally come along to that life drawing class with you if you wanted company! I love life drawing. :) And Dr. Sketchy's looks super fun!
I can't wait! Should be fun. :)
But I just realised, if we go to that Dr. Sketchy's thing (which, I think I'm definitely attending now that I've looked over the website), we should probably meet up a little earlier than one? My life-drawing teacher used to say people do their best drawings in the morning anyway!
Does 11am sound OK or is that to earlier?
Let me know!

Chelle
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Will be there! The London group from past experience doesn't really come together until much nearer the time, but everyone who was at the last one all said they would be at the next.

Dr.Sketchys seems like fun too, although I'm not sure how available I am in the evening.
Miz Lucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Miz Lucas »

I'm also game for both events! Let's meet up at 11 am and spend the day sketching!! :D :thumbup:

miz
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chelle »

Nice! Sounds like it's going to be a fun day! Shall we all meet outside the National Gallery or something?
Miz Lucas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Miz Lucas »

sure, sounds fun! 11 am at the national gallery! :)
pencil mega
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pencil mega »

I'm in Southampton but fancy a change and it'd be good to meet some new faces. I might bring a crew with me (ghetto yeah) all animation geeks too. Rock on.

So I'll check back but take it that it's 11am in the National Gallery unless someone posts otherwise.

Cheers all!
zzhenia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zzhenia »

Hi all, that's great to find so many people are attending! Count me in as well. 11am near the National Gallery sounds wonderful, hopefully I'll find everyone, I'll be looking for a group of people drawing in sketchbooks. Probably, making up the map with the route could be a great idea, btw. I could do it as a jpg and post here, but let's discuss the locations (I've been here for three weeks yet, and have been to the center only once, so I don't really know good locations). Not sure about the evening still, but Dr.Sketchy sound like fun. - Cheers, Zhenia
regards, zhenia
my flickr and website
Chelle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chelle »

Hey ZZhenia!

Which route do you mean? To the gallery or where we'll go once we'll meet?
This is my first time so I don't really know the rules and stuff! Only that we meet and draw. Haha!
zzhenia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zzhenia »

Chelle,
thank you for response! the map's somewhat like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pI8fWoakgjM/S ... hcrawl.JPG
(basically, a map on which the crawlers set up their route with stops on the way), that's great for those who are joining in later on. Alternatively, we can discuss the other places right on the spot when we meet. To speak of Trafalgar square, the location is so amazing, I could spend a whole day sketching the square just how it is! :thumbup:
regards, zhenia
my flickr and website

Return to “25th World Wide SketchCrawl”