Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Saturday September 19th 2009
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by eclecticbox »

Hi everybody!

We had lovely weather today in Barcelona and we picked the best area in the city to get the best feeling of the end of the summer, ¨La Barceloneta¨.
Built in 1753, with its original intended purpose to host fishermen and sailors who had been dislodged from the Ciutadella in Ribera quarter. Nowadays it keeps the same flavour that must have had back in the days, although all the fishermen activity has been replaced by the one generated by tons of tourists looking forward to get their overdose of sun, sangria and tapas and from the Barcelona citizens that want to enjoy the beach in their city.

This 24th SketchCrawl has been the largest in participation so far (9 people all together), although some of us missed Barcelona's pioneer SketchCrawler Dave. People was coming and leaving at all times and made the day quite busy in that sense, however most of us met at 11am and headed towards the beach for the first sketch.
Once everybody was sitting in the sand I though it'd be a nice idea to draw them all together (I'm sorry I don't remember everybody's name so I choose to not mention anybody... you know who you are! :wink: )

I think that some of us got our eyes on a group of trendy guys sunbathing and looking at the sea.

The sun was getting strong so we left towards the "Plaça de la Font" that helds the Barceloneta market... while some SketchCrawlers went into the market I decided to sit down in a terrace and capture a view of the square with some of the locals enjoying fishfood tapas. After a while the SketchCrawlers joined me on the table! :D

With hunger creeping up from our stomachs, we left from one square to another, this time to "la Plaça de la Barceloneta"... a cosy square where we found place to sit and eat some tapas. With nice food in our bellies we had the strength to carry on drawing, without leaving the table I push myself to draw the front of Sant Miquel del Port church (I need to work on those irregular lines :? ).

We were 3 of us left after lunch so we left the square looking for something else to sketch and some late afternoon sun... we found the perfect subject between 2 palm trees and Barcelona's leisure port as their backdrop: ¨Made in Barcelona¨ a salsa/latin street band with cheeky lyrics, funny choreography and good sound (saxophonist and percussionist are missing on my sketch as they were behind the rest of the band :problem:)

Left alone I still had one sketch to do. :roll:

Tired but happy with the day's experience I left La Barceloneta with the sound of the band saying good bye.
Thanks to everybody for coming and making the day so much fun and interesting (looking forward to see everybody's results) and hopefully meet you again on the next one!
Cheers! :wave:

EclecticBox
Last edited by eclecticbox on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kim Mikyung
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Barcelona, Spain [RESULTS]

Post by Kim Mikyung »

Wow! Great works. I love all of them. The band is my favorite.
shanfann
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by shanfann »

Those are fantastic! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
You are never too old to learn
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by gabi campanario »

great location choice and great sketches!

>gabi

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattlesketcher
http://www.urbansketchers.com
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

Great sketches; I am very jealous. Love the commentary of your day too.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- I like the "trendy guys" gestures best, which sit upright and those crawlers in the sand ;)

Are you going to post all of your's group on your central blog, again, too?
T.
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Hi everybody!
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Thorsten: Yes, I'm trying to get the rest of Barcelona's SketchCrawlers to posts their results in the blog too. To me the forum is the main place to share but it's nice to keep track and record of the Barcelona SketchCrawls in the blogosphere outside the forum (we might catch some more crawlers that way ;)
karynz
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by karynz »

I don't know how to drive this thing! I click the IMG button, but when I submit, there's just the word IMAGE, and no picture?

Well I've uploaded my stuff to my blog: http://kaz74.blogspot.com/search/label/sketchcrawl

Kaz ;0)
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- thanks for offering another place to gather 'em for one country.

To solve some image problems, karynz, you might want to check out this post we set up on "How to post an image". Blogspot and some other may make things different. If you still have questions, feel free to send some mail.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2224#p15843

T.

.. I brought a first one of yours over here:

karynz
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by karynz »

OK, thx!

Swasky
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Swasky »

Here there are my three sketches.Unfortunately, I only spent two hours with the "gang". Thanks to all of you, I enjoyed a great time!

http://mesenlla.blogspot.com
http://barcelonasketchcrawl.blogspot.com/

(update by thorsten: your pcictures couldn't be seen first, I edited the links for now. Maybe you want to take a look at this link we set up here on managing posting problems when adding pcitures, here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2224#p15843 -- anyways: Thanks for sharing these summerish pictures! :) )
paradeisos
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler
Spain

Post by paradeisos »

Hola, Barna!

Qué alta calidad en todos los dibujos, enhorabuena...
Qué gran idea dibujar en la playa, también en el mercado. Parece que pasásteis un día estupendo.

¡Un abrazo desde el sur!
mtbrehm
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by mtbrehm »

Excellent reporting and I love the pencil sketches. The views of the beach and the band are top-notch. I look forward to seeing more from the Barcelona group!
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by 4ojos »

¡Muy bien! Ya tenía ganas de ver imágenes de Barcelona que no fueran fotos de la Boquería. Felicidades a todos
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Wow... Bravo... great job everyone. I especially love the sketch of the band. You guys rock.

Ai

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”