Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Saturday September 19th 2009
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by asnee »

24th SKETCHCRAWL AT PATHUM THANI, THAILAND BY EAW, HAM, PALAI & SORN OF THAILAND.
Posted on their behalf by Asnee

Once again, I am back here, this time with loads of excitement. Just recieved some up load from 4th year arch. students of Rangsit University. I will need to share with you, on their bahalf, some of these wonderful sketches we did last Saturday.

I met up with the group of 9 students, mostly 4th year in architectures, late morning at Rahaeng market, some 25 Km north-west of Bangkok.

The market, clings intimately along a smallish canal at Rahaeng in Patumthani, north of Bangkok. It certainly is one of the more popular local draws I have been to. Clean, vibrant, very friendly, great foods and convenient.
The group with me are members of Arch Conservation Club, combining their outdoor activity with our 24th SketchCrawl day and under the guidance of a very capable lady architect, their lecturer, Ajarn Sudjit Sananwai (http://sudjit.multiply.com/), we had great fun.

which you can see from the above picture taken at front of the famous local restaurant, which provided lots of drive (energy) for the on going activity. The incentive was in the form of:

Image, the great lunch.

The lunch was great but that was really after the fun of sketching and the results. All were indeed very proud of their recorded experience.

that we are going to have a closer look, one by one, starting with Eaw and her impression of Rahaeng Market

Image ... Image
and some of the elements around her
Image ... Image

Next, by Ham, with a closer look of the market and their live-in shop houses.

and

Followed, even more intimately, by Palai, daughter of Aj. Sudjit, still in high school. I am most impressed by the quality of her lines work

Image...Image...Image
and

I would just have one more below by Sorn for this first posting from students of Rangsit U

I shall be back for the rest from Rangsit U by the next day or so. BTW, I have not posted my own yet, oh dear!! :wave:
Last edited by asnee on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Everyone, from Rangsit U., wonderful drawing ka. น้องๆเยี่ยมมากค่ะ Lovely lines and shading. It looks like a great fun SketchCrawling together. I hope I can join your group in the future.

Thanks P'Asnee for posting these on their behalf for us all to see.

Ai
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

WORK BY QSIMA OF THAILAND.
24th SKETCHCRAWL AT RATCHABURI, THAILAND. Posted on her behalf by Asnee

Well, while waiting for the rest from Rangsit U's Arch students, I would just introduce another lady painter/sketcher from Thailand. Khun Whan was on holiday with her family at Ratchaburi, a couple of hours drive west of Bangkok. This must be one of the few times she paints in small format, and, with her usual wonderful colors.

Image...Image
I don't happen to have more details of her posting, but was certain that it was a great time for her and family, at such a lovely place like what we are seeing here!

and it seemed to me that she must have struck herself a new friend.

Have a good day :wave:
Last edited by asnee on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA FO
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ALPHA FO »

Very nice Sketches and beautiful work, everyone!
I'd like to join your team some future maybe next time :thumbup:
Last edited by ALPHA FO on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

eyes
Nice Happy SC!!!! I love it !!

asnee
wowow super dynamic watercolor!!!! you rock!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

pancho2099
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pancho2099 »

wow! really incredable. amazing skecthes and wonderful places and color!
i love
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

้hi, dear Paintmonster and every one ;-)
In the past couple of days, I have been posting furiously under Bangkok THAILAND thread, none of them are my own work, YET!
Yes, I've just been posting ON BEHALF of few friends whom I have managed to invite into the 24th SketchCrawl last Saturday.
I am now kind of nervous for getting CREDIT for those wonderful works which did not belong to me!
Just to let you guys know, so far, I have posted on behalf of:

1 Pramote: did his sketchcrawl from Bermingham, UK
2 Alpha Fo: Phitsanulok, Thailand
3 Anavrin: Bangkok, Thailand
4 Arch. students from Rangsit U (part 1): Rahaeng Market, Pathum Thani. Thailand
5 Qsima: Ratchaburi, Thailand

and I still have a few to go, includes:
6 Tiwawat (Mor): Rahaeng Market, Pathum Thani. Thailand
7 Arch. students from Rangsit U, part 2): Rahaeng Market, Pathum Thani/Khlong Luang, Bangkok. Thailand
8 My own sketchcrawl also from Rahaeng Market, Pathum Thani. Thailand

Just FYI, cheers
wabbitt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by wabbitt »

Ai - so great to see your sketches and Iris's here. What a lovely way to spend time together

Asnee - thank you for sharing everyone else's sketches. The variety of colorful scenes in Thailand is amazing, as are the artists. Please pass on my compliments and congratulations on a successful 'crawl.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Wow! Great variety of beauty from Thailand! I enjoyed a lot :clap:
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

WORK BY TAWIWAT (MOR) OF THAILAND.
24th SKETCHCRAWL AT PATHUM THANI, THAILAND. Posted on his behalf by Asnee

Thank you all, i am glad that you enjoy our posting from various locations of Thailand. I think we are kind of over heated this time around. And here, I am posting again for one of Thai skechers for the 24th crawl. Tiwawat, or better known as MOR (doctor, in Thai), who features his political cartoons three days a week on OPINION&ANALYSIS (page eight) of Banmgkok Post.

We were at Rahaeng market late Sat morning, belows are some of his impression of this lovely local market by Rakaeng canal in Pathum Thani.

it was sunny (and hot) but the very sight of the clean, quiet canal helps greatly

and one of the great roof with its unique ventilator over the roof caught his eyes. (I did one of this roof as well, no chance to post my own yet, sorry!)

After the festive lunch, we proceeded to one of a Thai critic, Niwat Kongpien, who lives near by. Below is Mor's work on a part of Niwat's river side residence.

We had a great time!
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Julie: Thanks a lot. It is a lot of fun.

Khun'Quanta: Beautiful watercolors and lines. Gorgeous scenes but what I love most is the dog, so beautifully delicate. I hope to sketch with you in the future ka.

Khun'Mor: Beautiful works ka, especially the Thai roof. Very nice perspective and vibrant colors. I hope to sketch with you and P'Asnee sometime in the future.

Ai
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

WORK BY PHI, YAE AND AJARN SUDJIT OF THAILAND.
24th SKETCHCRAWL AT PATHUM THANI, THAILAND. Posted on their behalf by Asnee

Here are a few more from Rangsit U, not all of themyet, apparently, but the few below were from a lady student called Phi.

and
as well as

the followings were from Yae, with his bold and expressive lines of some of the houses along the canal.

and

The next 3 great sketches were by Ajarn Sudjit, a very active and well loved in architectural circle in Thailand. Aj Sudjit is teaching at Rangsit U, she is also active with ICOMOS Thailand and VERNADOC (http://vernadoc.multiply.com/). We learn more of Rahaeng market and Thai way of life with her sensitive observation of little common things below:

and one of her student that perhaps caught her attention!

follows by the general view of Khlong Bangluang that she went with the group in the afternoon.

Have a good day :wave:
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- honestly, tears come to my eyes reading your posts and having the chance to see all these wonderful pictures.

Thank ou so much for keeping this all together, asnee!

khop khun khrap
T.
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

Wow, wow, wow!
Stunning sketches in different styles, different media, eleborate use of color and a lot of subjects! I can't get enough of looking at your pictures.
And my congratulations to the young first time sketcher, respectable work. :thumbup:

Manfred
anneF38
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by anneF38 »

I'm really wonderstruck with all your drawings and watercolors.
They remind me a short trip I'd done years ago.
Found the particular Thai atmosphere I appreciated through your posts.
Thanks

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”