Toronto, Canada

Saturday September 19th 2009
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Toronto, Canada

Post by Morrys »

Wow, a new appointment after only 2 months!
Some suggestion? Zoo? Downtown?
:idea: Trees must be spectacular in September!
Kymbo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Toronto, Canada

Post by Kymbo »

Last time we were at the Kensington market, This time we could try the queens st street car.
The route it takes is pretty diverse culturally so there would be tons of things to draw along the way.
We would need to get off a few times near stations, so we could get updated transfers. :wink:
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

It's actually a good idea.
I try to get a better idea about where we should put the starting point. I think would be better to start from East going towards West (or the opposite, doesn't matter), but starting from downtown would oblige us to take only one direction.
We need to listen the voices of the other people that would like to come as well, as the meeting point (time +place) becomes really important in order to don't leave people behind!
:crazy:
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

Ok, I got a look to the map on www.panoramio.com, and looked for Toronto, Queen st.
I think we can start from the Toronto City Hall plaza (close to the water/skating rink), between Osgoode and Queen Subways.
Then we can go West and stop wherever we'd like. we can go either by feet, bike, Streetcar or skates.
We can end at High Park if the leaves color will be orangy.
if everybody is good with that, I'll come back just for setting a time during next week.
:wave:
Kymbo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Kymbo »

Hey, there will be also the The Queen West Art Crawl from Bathurst to Roncesvalles (along our path!).
Parks, galleries, cafes, retail and design shops and studios will be getting into the act with superb art exhibitions and activities.
I think it will be fun!
We can meet at the City Hall at 10.30, like last time.
if nobody else reply we stick to this.
EugeneZ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by EugeneZ »

How about Queen West and Roncesvalles? The'll be plenty of things to sketch there this weekend?
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

EugeneZ you're right. :thumbup:
I apologize if the dialog between me and Kymbo doesn't sound clear.
We're meeting in the City Hall plaza near the "skating rink/fountain stuff" at 10.30 , and from there we go on Queen st. toward WEST direction (possibly with streetcar or bike, as people wish).
We agree that it's a great occasion to pass indeed on Queen st W. in the area between Bathurst and Roncesvalles, where there will be the festival.
The festival will start at 11 and go on all the day long, so from the city hall we can either decide to make one-two more stops before getting there, seeing how the group feels like.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... =UTF8&z=14

See you tomorrow! :wave:

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”