Munich :: Germany :: RESULTS

Saturday September 19th 2009
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Munich :: Germany :: RESULTS

Post by KarinH »

Good evening Munich Sketchers,

just a pre-warning now: we will certainly be sketching somewhere in Munich for the 24th sketchcrawl....

Suggest we will align on where to sketch, where and when to meet etc. some time later (depending on weather we may try the Völkerkundemuseum again, or maybe the Botanical Garden or stay outside... isn't that Wiesn opening day, so horse-drawn beer carriages going through town ???), usually we start between 10 and 11 am, somewhere downtown.
With the steady increase in every sketchcrawl, we hope for another one this time !
So if you want to join us, post here or send me a private message with contact details (email and or mobile).
Further suggestions on where to sketch welcome, too.

See you in September !
KarinH
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Munich, GERMANY

Post by canlup »

Hello Karin,

September 19 seems to be a busy day: Sketch Crawl, the opening of the Oktoberfest, and then there is also another event that takes place only once a year and that I usually attend with friends.

My final decision will depend on the weather. Since the other event takes place only once a year, I will go there - unless it rains heavily (because it's an all-day outdoor event).
So it's up to you whether you want to wish for good weather (for some good outdoor sketching of your own) :?: or for bad weather (so that I'll stay in town and join the sketching) :?:

Wolfgang :crazy:
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

So......
based on weather forecast, busy town because of Oktoberfest etc. we will go to

Botanical Garden/ Botanischer Garten

Meeting Point : in front of main entrance
Meeting Time: 12.01 pm (I always forget whether midday is 12 am or 12 pm...)
http://www.botanik.biologie.uni-muenchen.de/botgart/

In any case we can later have a break in the Cafe or worst case escape to the Museum Mensch & Natur or Schloss Nymphenburg (in case it starts raining).

Additional remark:
anybody joining us late, suggest to meet in front of the cafe (inside bot.garden) at 2 pm and 4 pm - just in case we were lazy, pls. also have a look around inside the cafe - we may be sitting there with a coffee already & sketching !

In case the weather will not do what the forecast says (sunny 24 degrees), I will post an alternative meeting point by Friday evening 9 pm.

See you Saturday !
KarinH
canlup
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by canlup »

Hello Karin,

since the weather forecast is good for the north-east of Munich (Niederbayern), I will go to this other event and won't join you this time. Hopefully I will be able to join your Munich Sketchcrawl groop next year again.

Wolfgang
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

O'zeichnet's is'? ;)
textiledreamer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by textiledreamer »

Yeah, we avoided the Oktoberfest crowd by sketching at teh Botanical Garden, which was a surprisingly quiet place to hang out today. There were four of us, and we had a lot of fun with the plants (and animals).

Here are my sketches:

It's definitely a place we're going to revisit sometime!
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Munich :: Germany :: RESULTS

Post by Thorsten »

-- and I'd like to see, how that wonderful textured cactus-plant will look like next time!

Thanks for sharing,
T.
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Munich :: Germany :: RESULTS

Post by KarinH »

Agree - we had a very nice afternoon !
Wolfgang - sorry you could not join us, still hope you a good day ! We had another "newcomer", so again were 4 sketchers :clap: - hoping next time we can get numbers up again !

We started in the alpine area of the botanical garden - here are the other 3 working:

My photos and sketches from that area:

Later we moved on to the "Gewächshäuser"/greenhouses:
This is where the massive cactus from Constanze's post was to be found ...

Some of these greenhouses were extremely hot and humid.

Then finished with the inevitable coffee break :D - until they kicked us out because the garden was closing for the day ! :(
KarinH

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”