Temecula, California [Results]

Saturday September 19th 2009
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Temecula, California [Results]

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

Hello all! This will be the first SketchCrawl for Temecula, CA. All ages, levels and media welcome ... of course!

We will be sketching and journaling in the historic Old Town of Temecula! I will post updates here or you may look for updates on http://www.artclasstemecula.blogspot.com.

I hope to see you September 19th. All suggestions are welcome!

Mary
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Temecula, California

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

Temecula sketchers ... post your name and contact information in this thread. If you do not wish your contact information to be public ... send me a PM!

September 19 should be a beautiful time of year ... not too cold and not too hot!

Mary
briantbear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by briantbear »

Hey,

I'm Brian (San Diego). I am planning on being there. Still trying to get my daughter interested as well. What time and where? I drove by it today. Soooo many great places, old buildings and interesting people.
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

Hello Brian,

Welcome. The meeting point will be on the corner of Main and Front Streets at 9:00 a.m. I am working out the details with the city as to where we will finish up to share the day and our work with each other. I'll post further details.

Yes, Old Town Temecula is a great place to draw and paint. I take my drawing class there all of the time. And the great thing about September 19 is ... it won't be so hot! LOL

I hope your daughter decides to join you. It would be great to share the day ... and it is a big hurdle to overcome as an artist to sketch in public. Once you're over it you will find yourself taking a sketchbook everywhere. It's not about being an artist, really. It's just another way of seeing and being in the world. So, it's open to everyone. There is no such thing as a "wrong" sketch. It is just ... a moment on paper.

Mary :)
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

Temecula Old Town has many historic buildings and a restored Main Street ... so there are many opportunities to draw. It has an old West feel, with old wagons, barrels and lots of flowers. There are also a number of wine tasting rooms hosted by the local wineries and I have found they always welcome an artist in to sit and sketch. Also, Saturday morning at the north end of Old Town there is a Farmer's Market. So, if you like to sketch people, flower stalls or a market scene ... it is all easily within walking distance from Front and Main.

Mary :)
briantbear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by briantbear »

I'm looking forward to just getting out there and doing it. I've never had a 'planned time' to just enjoy sketching. I usually sketch when I'm waiting for something or someone, or when I'm bored.
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

SketchCrawl Temecula is this Saturday, September 19th!

SketchCrawl is a worldwide, simultaneous sketching marathon. Saturday is the 24th SketchCrawl. It is open to everyone of any age, talent or media. The only goal is to get out and see your city from a new perspective and meet your neighbors.

Meet at 9:00 a.m. on the corner of Main and Front Streets in Old Town Temecula. From that point sketchers will fan out and sketch the historic buildings in Old Town Temecula or walk a few blocks north on Front Street to sketch at the Farmers Market.

We will meet back to share our sketches and experiences at 12:00 p.m. at the Starbuck's across from the Farmer's Market. We will take photos to post on the worldwide Sketchcrawl website. Who knows? We may sketch each other while we sip something cool!

This is the first time Temecula has been a location for the SketchCrawl. There may be only a few of us out there ... but I hope it will grow. Sketching is for everyone regardless of experience. Like journaling, it is a way to record your unique view of the world around you.

See you there!
Mary Mulvihill
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mary Mulvihill »

I just wanted to pop in and say that I will not be at the SketchCrawl this Saturday. I have come down with the flu. There has not been a lot of response ... but I would encourage you that were interested to get out and sketch anyway! My regrets for being a non-show. See you next time!
briantbear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by briantbear »

I'm sorry you missed the sketchcrawl, Mary. It was a beautiful day, though I was the only one that showed up. Now, I'll just have to figure out how to get some pictures posted. See you at the next one. BRIAN
briantbear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Temecula, California - RESULTS

Post by briantbear »

It was a beautiful day in Old Temecula, California. As a soloist today, I was able to go at my own pace and enjoy the beauty of this old town.
Here was my favorite building on Front Street...

... And from Main Street.

See you next time!?!
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Temecula, California [Results]

Post by travelingsuep »

Great watercolours. Did they take you long?
briantbear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by briantbear »

Thanks for the complement. I gave myself 30 minutes at each of the 2 locations, then went to Starbucks (cooler) and added the color and then the ink.
wabbitt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by wabbitt »

Well done, nice watercolors. :thumbup: I didn't see the shout out for this area before the weekend, so I thought I was alone. I ended up sketching solo in Norco, Corona and Riverside (Tyler Mall). Then again I never know from one sketchcrawl to the next whether I'll be in Corona or in Ventura County. I'll look harder next time.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- solo-SCrawls aren't the worst things on Earth to do ;)

Thanks for sharing your insights and looking foward to seeing new tours soon ...
T.

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”