London,UK

Saturday September 19th 2009
poached salmon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

London,UK

Post by poached salmon »

Any suggestions for London Sketcrawl venues?
How about one of the markets, like borough market etc?
Here is a map of all the markets around the city, maybe we can pick one?

Cheers,
Sharada
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: London, UK

Post by ghoobist »

Hi. My name's Chan Ghee. I'm a New Zealand based animator/illustrator. Was wondering if you're doing sketchcrawl next weekend? This is my first time in London, and so I'm keen to meet other local sketchcrawlers :)
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: London,UK

Post by gustavo »

Hi Chan,

I moved your post overhere for greater visibility. We can't wait to see what London UK artists have to share with us (or not - no pressure! ;) )
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

Thanks Gustavo. Let's see how many people I can rally up for this...I hope it's not just me :P
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Screw it. I'll work like hell this week to make sure I can make it. Count me in! So Chan, and Sharada, if you both can still make it at least we'll be 3 :)

Any ideas on where to go? It's been a year since I last did a London one. We did Borough market at the last one I was at but I'd be happy anywhere!
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

Hi Thek. Cool! I've not heard back from Sharada yet. Why don't we meet at the Giraffe Southbank Centre (http://www.giraffe.net/restaurant/southbank_centre) at 11am on Saturday? That way, we can warm up our sketches at the cafe. My girlfriend is coming along (for support, not to draw hahaha!) We can just go along the Riverside Walk to wherever (London Eye, Tate Modern, National Theatre, Borough Market)...My sense of direction in London is still pretty bad, so if you've any suggestion I'm all game :) We can always make it up as we go after we've met. How's that sound?
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Count me in, too.

Starting at the Southbank sounds good. We can also crawl the Tube to wherever might be interesting, so no need to limit to any one area.
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

Hey Tom. Glad you can join us :D Yeah, I like the idea of keeping it open and just going wherever we fancy. I guess I'd better give out my mobile closer to time in case we miss each other on the day.
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Well, it's officially a group now, look forward to seeing you all! Really looking forward to it.
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

Hi all,

This is my mobile if anyone needs to get in touch: 07840 264218

My girlfriend and I will wait for you all inside the Giraffe Restaurant, Southbank Centre at 11am. I'm the Asian guy with black short hair in an orange and brown hoodie.

Seems like it might rain tomorrow, but I'm determine to see this through. Looking forward to meeting you all :)
olechko
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by olechko »

I will come by to join in, or at least say hi, depending on my toddler's mood

Olha
-olechko.org
ghoobist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ghoobist »

Thanks to everyone who showed up this morning: Kevin, Ollie, Tom, Soren, Dez and Becky. It was great meeting everyone. Sorry you couldn't make it, Olha. Would have been good to see you too. We'll definitely try and do this again at the next event. If anyone's keen to get together again to sketch outside of sketchcrawl, please do send the word out. Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts online :) Hope to see you guys again soon!

Return to “24th World Wide SketchCrawl”