São Paulo, BRAZIL [Results]

Saturday July 11th 2009
Andre Valente
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

São Paulo, BRAZIL [Results]

Post by Andre Valente »

Hello, fellow WW sketchcrawlers!

Well, it's been a wonderful day for sketching. We sure had a lot of fun. We had over 30 people in attendance (32, if i'm not mistaken).

But, it must be said: I SUSPECT FOUL PLAY!

Fact: there was a holiday on thursday, which made a lot of people travel to other cities.

Fact: Montalvo Machado, the organizer of our previous sketchcrawls, responsible for breaking THE WORLD RECORD in Sketchcrawl attendance not once, but twice in a row, wasn't present.

Fact: it rained cats and dogs. All day long. Without pause.

These are the irrefutable facts, and here is my theory to what brought our results:

- Isn't it convenient that this WorldWide Sketchcrawl was scheduled two days after a holiday that happened ONLY in São Paulo, the record holding city in Sketchcrawl attendance? Therefore guaranteeing that we would have a smaller group? Could it be that Mr. Casarosa was plotting to bring us down?

- Isn't it convenient that Montalvo not only isn't in Brasil, but is currently in Florida, attending the Illustration Academy? Could it be that Montalvo is being recruited to organize record breaking sketchcrawl events in american cities? Thus, bringing the title back to the United States, home of the Sketchcrawl?

- Isn't it convenient that it rained a hell of a lot, and it was cold, and it was moist, and it was windy, and it was a very very wet day? Does it have any relation to the Mammoth U.S. Weather Engineering Project, based on the Russian Secret Project Woodpecker, designed to alter wind patterns and with them weather in areas all around the world? Huh? Inplausible? Why, yes, of course. But is it IMPOSSIBLE?

Ladies and gentlemen, I am not accusing anyone. I do not point fingers and name names. But I do think that we may be in the crosshair of an international CONSPIRACY!

Just rest assured that, no matter what comes our way, come rain come shine, WE WILL SKETCH. Oh, yes, we will sketch. Wait 'till we have Montalvo back, and summer, and sun, and favorable and agreeable weekends. Then you'll see a whole lot of sketchin'.

----

All jokes aside, it was a great day. Even for those, like myself, who forgot our umbrellas. We visited the world class comic store HQ Mix, ran by Gual, not once, but twice. We had lunch as samba was played around us. We spent the afternoon in a completely empty and possibly haunted galeria. And the day was topped off with hot coffee and snacks in the sheltering ambience of a very nice café (padaria, actually) in the ground floor of the Copan building.

It was awesome, thanks to the organization of Hiro and Gil, incredibly friendly guides (with Google Maps planning and constant Twitter updates on locations and whereabouts of the group). Given the weather, it couldn't have been a nicer day.

----

Behold my sketches:

Samba!

Samba enthusiasts!

Rainy day architecture!

Rainy day tree!

More rainy day architecture!

Haunted galeria! Wet crow, blackbird or possibly very dirty/sick pigeon!

----

It was an awesome, albeit gloomy, day. I'm sure Gil or someone has some photos they can share.

Until next time!
André

Ps.: I think it's fair to say that we broke a couple of world records today:
Record #1: smallest group in a São Paulo Sketchcrawl EVER! :thumbup:
Record #2: biggest group in a Rainy São Paulo Sketchcrawl EVER! :thumbup:
Can you confirm that to us, Enrico? :D
beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: São Paulo, BRAZIL [Results]

Post by beth »

great sketches! my personal favorite the wet crow (crows are nifty)!
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Montalvo Machado »

My dear friend, André Valente

I knew you spoke English, but I'm truly surprised with your articulate and extremely funny text! Congrats, man!

But the plot to bring the world record back to America failed big time, at least from my part. I sketched alone the whole day.

It was fun, I had a good time drawing by the bayou, on a bright sunny day, with an occasional wild duck as big as a condor flying low over the river, then I went to the campus at the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, FL.

Well, it's 3:00 in the morning, and I'll post the images here tomorrow morning, ok?

Anyway, I'm glad you guys were brave enough to endure the rain in São Paulo, and I loved your sketches.

Cheers to all Sketchcrawlers around the world!

Montalvo
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

nice sweet quick style!
and I love first SC logo!! I will also mimic you :wink:
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

OssoZ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by OssoZ »

Hello!

Here in Sao Paulo rained like hell AND I had to babysit my nephew and niece!! And since I couldn't join the main group, I made a solo Sketchcrawl in my house:

Here's my black dog:

Here's my niece, nephew and dog playing together:

Here's the japanese cat I have in my desk:

And finally, at night I watched the new Harry Potter trailer and draw a scene from the movie:

That was all :D
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Clearly, we need an investigation of the facts mentioned to vindicate these enjoyable Sao Paulo artists; nice art, guys.
magentaking
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by magentaking »

Hello, people! :wave:

Yeah, it was a big wet day. I haven't met the guys, but sketched alone. As always, I can't draw what I see with my eyes, but what I see in my mind. So I drew these pieces of rubbish inked papers. :shifty:

Love,

MK-

-MagentaKing-
http://magentaking.com/
-MagentaKing-
OssoZ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by OssoZ »

Cool sketches!
snoozysusi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by snoozysusi »

Wow, a lot of very inspiring pictures. I still find it pretting intersting to see what people drew at the same day on the other side of the world. Greetings from Austria/ Salzburg, Sandra
Andre Valente
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Andre Valente »

Thanks Beth! (Even though we were not sure that was a crow. Crows aren't very common in downtown São Paulo. We developed the "very sick mutated pidgeon" hipothesis...)

Hey Montalvo, thanks for the kind words. You were missed. I'm glad their plan backfired :) I'm looking forward to seeing your sketches and

Thanks PaintMonster! That's the sticker that was handed out so that we could identify ourselves. After the event I sticked it to the notebook as a souvenir (you can notice I was the 25th to join the group).

Funny sketches, Ossoz!

Gaelwriter, I second that motion!

MagentaKing, I love your style.

Thanks, Snoozysusi!
kiyoto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by kiyoto »

Where's the sketches from São Paulo?

It was the first Sketchcrawl I've been, and these are my drawings, the best ones.

avanhandava street, meeting point

art nouveau cafe in avanhandava street

roosevelt square, from the hq mix comic book store

samba and pagode during the lunch

Thanks!

ps.: It's a bit weird talking to brazilian people in english...
roberto malfatti
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by roberto malfatti »

andre valente
osso z
nice sketches!!!!!!!
I love your clean and beautiful sketches very much!
OssoZ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by OssoZ »

Thanks for the comments everybody! :)

Kiyoto: nice style! I didn't have the courage you had to draw in the rain :p
magentaking
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by magentaking »

Andre Valente and Ossoz, it's an honour to read it from you. Thanx so much.

I'm curious to see what people did this time.

Let's go, people! Show us the drawings!
-MagentaKing-
http://magentaking.com/
-MagentaKing-
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Great sketches everybody!!! :clap:
Always great to enjoy São Paulo results no matter what worldwide conspiracies might be upon them!!! :lol:
Thanks 4 sharing them!!! :thumbup:

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”