Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Saturday July 11th 2009
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by eyes »

Wa Hoo..!!!. This time I got to meet up with two more Crawlers: K'Asnee and K'Pramote. But at first I started my early morning sketches solo at Wat Pho, which is a famous tourist attraction in Bangkok. First I did the outside temple scenes, then I moved in to sketch the giant reclining buddha inside the temple. Later, I finally met with two Crawlers mentioned above at the near by Tha-Tien pier. This time we quite had a short time to arrange the group sketch together. Next time, we hope to organize this more early and may be have more people joining.

Today I am glad to know two more crawlers in Bangkok and hopefully will get to paint out/sketch out with them more in the future. Bangkok's SketchCrawl will never be the same. ;-)

Thanks for looking.

Ai

Here are the results:

#1 Me, start my first sketch outside Wat-Pho temple. I got a few bystanders trying to chat along with me including 2 kids.

#2 Our Bangkok Crawlers this time, from left, K'Pramote, K'Asnee, and me(K'Ai).

#3 My first scene outside Wat-Pho temple.

#4 My 2nd scene outside the temple.

#5 I moved inside the temple and did the head part of the giant reclining Buddha.

#6 I tried to show you the scale of the giant reclining Buddha, luckily, one tourist was posing for a photo in the middle.
rohit
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bangkok - THAILAND [RESULTS]

Post by rohit »

Hey there,

Nice to see these sketches from Thailand...

One gets a good idea of the size of the reclining Buddha : )
Okra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
United States of America

Post by Okra »

Lovely sketches! Thank you for sharing. You have inspired me to get away from the computer and start sketching.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

What a fun day. You did some great work and I really like the two sketches of the reclining Budda. You did a great job of the pose and it was very good to see the size by adding the tourist!
beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by beth »

what marvellous paintings! you must have had a lot of fun too! beatiful work!
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

wowow great brightness color sketches!!!
I love your style very much!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

Hi all, Asnee here. I had good time sketchcrawling with K Eye yesterday and, guessed, to upload my crawls somehow. So, I would try my first go and would continue with more if it works correctly.
My first skech of the day, while having breakfast with Pramote
Last edited by asnee on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Nice color washes; enjoyed them.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

alright, i seem to get the kick of it alright. so i would proceed with, more or less, the rest of my first crawl in Bangkok.
after breakfast, pramote (the 3rd crawler) and I settled down for our sketchs at a coffee shop by Chao Phraya River..
..that was Pramote busy at work. and my sketch painting of the Temple of Dawn, across the river
Image,
my sketch of Pramote, washed with coffee of my own cup..
Last edited by asnee on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

K Eye was supposed to meet us right from morning but due to my mis-understanding, she was left on her own solo at Wat Pho. With my apology, dear K Eye. However, we managed to re-union for a short meet showing our stuff, before she left for work.

After lunch, I continued with Phiboon, the 4th crawler of Bangkok, for the rest of the day. We went across the river to the other side of Bangkok, formerly Thonburi, via the Rama 1 bridge.

and below, another view across the river
Last edited by asnee on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

without prior planning, Phiboon and I were tracing down a piece of history of Bangkok's early settlement. The place we were was called Kudee Cheen, a unique and charming areas comprising several small and intimate communities. You would see that we did sketches of 3 different religion building.

Below, we were at a catholic church and school called Santa Cruz Church, a beautiful building where I tried out Phiboon's pastel colors. It was fun, if not scarry!

and then, a chinese temple for the very popular Goddess of Mercy (Guan Yin)

Before we end our sketchcrawl day at a Thai temple called Wat Kalyanamitr, where we had a very comfortable place to sketch

At 6.45 PM, we took a ferry back to Bangkok side of the river, with the view of Temple of Dawn where we started some 10 hours earlier!

It was a great experience, and I am glad to have the opportunity to be part of SketchCrawl. We hope our sketching group would grow bigger by the next crawl, as K Eye said, Bangkok crawl will never be the same again!

Pramote and Phiboon would upload their part of the crawl later, and if you like, you could see more photos of my crawl at http://www.flickr.com/photos/asnee

Thank you all for viewing, hope you enjoy the sketches and I welcome and would truly appreciate your comments..
Cheers from asnee
Last edited by asnee on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
4ojos
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by 4ojos »

It looks like you three had good fun. Congratulations
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

P'Asnee,

Wow... very gorgeous sketches. :clap: I especially love the coffee wash of P'Pramote and the Church blue background in pastel. All in all, they are awesome. It is good that you meet up with K.Piboon later. I never been to those churches before. It is good to see them in your sketches.

I'll check back for K.Piboon & K.Pramote upload later.

Ai
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Pramote's crawls

Post by asnee »

Pramote and Phiboon are not ready to upload their sketches, so I am uploading their works and comments on their behalf. We would start with Pramote's drawings did in the morning with me ofthe Tha Tien Peir and the Temple of Dawn across Chao Phrya River.

We were suppose to meet at Wat Pho, drawing of the entrance gate below:

but ended up at the market at front of the pier, we had breakfast here

Pramote was busy at work.

with the best view across the river

the Temple of Dawn on the west bank of Chao Phraya River. It was built duing the reign of King Taksin before Bangkok was resettled over the east bank, where the central Bangkok presently is.

Pramote's last post of the surrounding scene, which is rather typical of Thai life near the river and other many klongs (canals)

Hope you enjoy the drawings, they are rich and really vibrant. I would follow in the next post with Phiboon's work shortly.

on behalf of Pramote
Last edited by asnee on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tchuntra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by tchuntra »

พี่อัสนี
มาเยี่ยมครับ
ได้เห็นรูปที่พี่ๆเขียนแล้ว เจ๋งดีครับ
หวังว่าจะมีคนมาแจมกันเพิ่มขึ้น
ตะวัน

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”