Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Saturday July 11th 2009
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

Hope that we can get groups together in this area for July 11th. It's going to be hot, but we can find a cool spot, I'm sure.
Here's the plan, for now. I hope that other communities will join us, or work where they are.
In Bryan, meet at the LaSalle Hotel.
Register at the Frame Gallery, 216 N. Bryan Ave, after 10 a.m.
Sketch during the day, as a group or solo.
In Calvert, meet at Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street
Sketch during the day.
Any more ideas?
Come join us to Draw The Brazos Valley!
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

Anyone have any good ideas for a cool place we can meet in Bryan and Calvert? I know that Mud Creek Pottery in Calvert would be a good place. You can always work by looking out the big windows. In Bryan, I was thinking of the George Bush Library, the lake at Lake Bryan (the Ice House there sounds cool!, but then, you have to pay to go in there.) Maybe restaurants? Anyone have some good ideas?
Hope that someone will be joining me this time!
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

Anyone have any good ideas for a cool place to work in Bryan?
Here's the plan, so far. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm open to suggestions.
In Bryan, meet, starting about 8:30 a.m., at the LaSalle Hotel. Maybe in the coffee shop or the court yard. From there, we can decide where we want to go-if we have a group, or want to work solo, etc.
Spreading out to record the Brazos Valley might be good.
After 10 a.m., we can register at the Frame Gallery, 216 N. Bryan Ave.
In Calvert, meet, beginning about 8:30 a.m., at Mud Creek Pottery, 407 Main.
Some places I would like to record are the little dam at the Municipal Golf Course, buildings downtown, A&M campus, Martin's Barbeque, Corner of Time soda fountain, Lake Bryan, the Brazos River, etc. Some of those things might be better at a cooler time, however.
It's going to be hot outside, so we need to look for cool places, near a restroom.
There is going to be a printmaking class at the Frame Gallery, so you might keep that in mind about registering. If I could be sure to catch everyone, I could have people just sign in with me. We just need some idea of who and how many are participating.
Come Draw The Brazos Valley!

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”