Orlando, Florida

Saturday July 11th 2009
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Orlando, Florida

Post by Thorsx »

It will be hot here in Florida come July 11th.
Chances are an indoor venue will work best.
Possible folks can meet up at Lake Eola and then head inside somewhere if it is to hot.
Any thoughts on possible sketch locations are welcome.
Once a venue is decided upon, I will print up some fliers for schools and art stores.
OzonaLori
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Orlando, Florida

Post by OzonaLori »

I think and indoor venue would be a really good idea in July. It'll be so hot outside.

My daughter and I would like to come over for the crawl. I organized a successful crawl in my area last year and got 22 people to meetup for it- we had fun! I might suggest you do a press release about it for the local Orlando papers. That is what stirred up a lot of interest in my area. The paper even called me and did a feature story about the crawl after they received the press release, which was cool.

I hope some others will write you on the forum here, but don't get too discouraged if you don't hear from many here. If you do the paper blurb- people will respond in your area. I found the press release with an email campaign to other artist friends helped spread the word quickly.

Good luck!
Lori

Here's what I wrote for my press release, in case it helps:

Note- for those who view this message, please notice that this was for 2008. WE ARE NOT HAVING A DUNEDIN SKETCHCRAWL IN JUNE 2009....

PRESS RELEASE- FREE ARTIST EVENT

Contact Person: Lori Krout
Telephone Number (727) 000-0000
E-mail address: artaddict@dog-paw-print.com
Website address: http://pencildrawingandhowtodraw.blogspot.com

WHAT:
Artists’s “Sketchcrawl” Event
WHERE: Downtown Dunedin, Florida
DATE: Saturday, June 21st, 2008
TIME: 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM

Artists, bring your sketchbooks and join the group as we draw the sights in downtown Dunedin and meet later to share our sketchbooks. This event coincides with the 19th Worldwide Sketchcrawl. Meet at Pioneer Park (Douglas and Main Street) in downtown Dunedin at 9:00 AM on Sat., June 21 for a map and instructions regarding the event. Call (727) 000-0000 for add’l info.
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Thorsx »

Here is a copy of a poster I am putting together for the Orlando Crawl.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Last edited by Thorsx on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tim Brockman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim Brockman »

Nice Flyer!
This looks like a good itinerary.
I'll repost/spread the word and see you there.
Is this the flyer url we should use?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/360 ... 0c.jpg?v=0
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Thorsx »

Hey Tim,
Thanks for helping spread the news. Here is a facebook event page where you can lift any size flyer if you want...http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 349&ref=mf
Hope to meet you at the Crawl.
Thor
Analog Artist Digital World
thorspecken.blogspot.com
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Thorsx »

A good stroke of luck. John Fleming will be signing his book "Fearsome Creatures of Florida" at the same time the crawl meets at Urban Think. This will be a great opportunity to sketch the author as he signs books.
Time: Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:00 p.m.
Help us welcome author John Fleming to Urban Think! From John Fleming's website: "They sinuate through ficus hedges and tunnel under beach towels. They lurk in mangroves and springs. Some you can smell a mile away. Others you don't notice until they grab at your ankles. They're know as Storm Devils and Peat Fairies, Skunk Apes and Were-Panthers, and they're the wildly imaginative bestiary that populates John Henry Fleming's Fearsome Creatures of Florida. Fleming offers an eerie portrayal of the parallel lives of modern-day Floridians and the living landscape -- at once gorgeous and menacing -- that surrounds them. Matched with haunting illustrations by David Hazouri, these tales may forever change your view of the Sunshine State." John Henry Fleming is also the author of The Legend of the Barefoot Mailman, a Florida novel. His short stories have appeared in many literary journals, including McSweeney's, The North American Review, Mississippi Review, and Fourteen Hills. He grew up in Atlantis, Florida, and lived in seven other states before returning in 2001 to teach creative writing at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He lives in Temple Terrace with his wife and children and plays tournament disc golf in his spare time.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

That is a great flyer.

@OzonaLori - Do you have a copy of the article or a link to it?

Thank you
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Thorsx »

July 11th is also free slurpee day at 7-Eleven! I may redirect the crawl route to hit 7-Eleven for a free slurpee at lunch time.
http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=1 ... &ref=share

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”