New York, NY, USA

Saturday July 11th 2009
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

New York, NY, USA

Post by Alisa »

Ah July! I'm hoping we won't be rained out for this one so we can go somewhere outdoors. I'm always up for Central Park but am open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
imawisk2
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: New York, NY, USA

Post by imawisk2 »

Williamsburg could be fun, and there are many great bars...
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

Bryant Park and the New York Public Library could be nice. People, trees, carousel...
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Williamsburg is nice, but not easy for me to get to on the weekend. I haven't been to Bryant Park in ages and it's a pretty central area to meet. I think Washington Square Park recently reopened after construction as well. Anyone else want to put in 2 cents before a meeting place is chosen?
anddj1990
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by anddj1990 »

i like the thought of williamsburg. dont really like bryant park though the library would be fun to draw. i think either central park or union square
Peter N
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Peter N »

I didn't know about sketchcrawl NY until someone informed me today. A couple of us are heading to the met this weekend from our studio and was wondering if you guys wanted to come. Now I've heard you guys been to the mets dozens of times and tired of it, but maybe one more wouldn't hurt?

Pete
Cynthea
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Cynthea »

I might be up for Central Park. Williamsburg doesn't seem that interesting to draw.
I was also thinking about Coney Island even though it's far away.

There's a jazz performance on the Great Hill in Central park Saturday afternoon: http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_things_t ... &id=167815
mikeleeart
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mikeleeart »

The Jazz performance sounds pretty cool. So how's this....
Since a bunch of the Blue Sky folks planned to go to the Met already, we can draw there from about opening til around 1:00p and then head over to Central Park since it's not too far away. Then if you guys aren't too tired we'll be heading down to Chinatown later in the afternoon/evening.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Since everyone seems to be interested in drawing different areas, why don't we try drawing wherever you wish in the morning and meet up at 1 pm at the entrance to the Jazz festival at 106th and Central Park West. That way, anyone who wants to draw in Williamsburg can do so in the morning and meet up with the group later in the afternoon.

Those heading to the Met, if people want to meet up with you, what time and where will you be meeting?

I'll probably be heading down to Chinatown around 3 or so to check out the Asian American Comic Con. (MOCA is located at 215 Centre Street (between Howard and Grand Streets) and is one block north of Canal Street.)
mikeleeart
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mikeleeart »

Sounds Good to me!
For those interested in the Met, we'll be meeting at 9:15a here:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9606/meet.jpg
so we can head in right at 9:30.

Hopefully we see everyone this weekend!
anddj1990
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by anddj1990 »

jazz festival sounds fun, ill probably be there. and meeting up together was a good suggestion. 1 sounds good

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”