Seattle, Washington USA

Saturday July 11th 2009
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Seattle, Washington USA

Post by Tyler Street »

So yay for the Rose Garden! As G. Stein said, "A rose is a rose is a rose...." and let's not forget that Gertrude Stein was (along with her brothers Leo and Michael and her sister-in-law Sarah) an early and energetic supporter of many 20th century artists! I was going to post the Matisse portraits of the Sarah and Michael Stein (just because), but instead here is a blast of summer color. It is Matisse's portrait of his wife, who modeled in a black dress -- the way Matisse "translated" into color might be a good jolt of energy for a rainy winter Seattle SketchCrawl day, but I'm hoping for a sunny day at the zoo, elephants and all!
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tyler Street »

Just a little more ZOO momentum from the Woodland Park Zoo blog (http://woodlandparkzblog.blogspot.com/):
Josh Frost
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Josh Frost »

Very nice work!! I Love the Rose Garden Idea as well! I hope the weather stays up for us!

As far as the 19th goes. I am a best man for a wedding coming up next month and I just found out about a grooms men meeting on that day... I may not be able to make it :( but I will be there in spirit if I can't!

See you guys in a week!

- Josh
http://joshfrost.wordpress.com/
Josh Frost
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Josh Frost »

Bad news guys... My dad unexpectedly had to go in for surgery and I have to take care of him tomorrow, so well there is no way I will be able to join you guys after all this time of me wanting to go to the zoo! -sigh- Family comes first ya know... Well have fun!

- Josh

PS: I'll try to do some drawing around the house or something haha
beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by beth »

So sorry for your dilemma, will be thinking of you and your dad. :( Be well, play hooky from your wedding stuff and join us at fishermen's terminal next Sunday!
Pick another day for another zoo trip, some of us will join you! Meanwhile hope you'll draw at home and post to sketchcrawl!
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tyler Street »

Hi Josh -- So sorry to hear your news; I hope you make a bit of time for yourself to draw. Stay well! Hope to see you next week or another time at the zoo or .... ! -- Teresa

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”