Bangkok, THAILAND -- [RESULTS]

Saturday April 11th 2009
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Bangkok, THAILAND -- [RESULTS]

Post by eyes »

I went solo Sketchcrawling again this time. I did not go out sketching in the city this time due to some political protest in downtown. So I did some sketches in our neighborhood library and later in the afternoon plein air of my neighbor's plumeria flowers. April 11, is the start of our Thai New Year celebration called "Song-Kran", in which people throw/splash water to other. So I played safe, packing my sketching stuff in my yellow waterproof ocean bag to start off my day. Luckily, once I am at the library parking lot, no one started splashing water yet.

Cheers,

Ai

PS. We take our shoes off inside this library.

mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Bangkok, THAILAND -- [RESULTS]

Post by mhimeswc »

Ah, here you are, Ai! But I can't see your sketches - all I can see is a box with a little red X in them. Lucky thing that I saw them over on WetCanvas. I enjoyed them all, especially the barefoot in the library ones. :)
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

Lovely sketches from "Life at the Library". Seems to be exhausting to some people like the guy who's taking a nap on the desk. :thumbup:
Very intensive colors on the plumerias.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing the picture and sketches. i like the flowers.

There is a similar celebration in Mexico, where people throw water and/or water ballons at each other, and people hose you down if you walk past their house, etc.

Note: I have fixed the images, you set them up correctly however it appears picasa images require a small edit similar to the one blogger needs - I will add instructions to the tutorial.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
alissa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by alissa »

Great drawings. I really like the way you use colour to highlight some areas of the drawings. And the bold colours of the plumeria are lovely. Your descriptions of the celebrations and parts of everyday life (taking your shoes off in the library) are fascinating.
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Thanks Gustavo for fixing it. When I upload it, for some reason, it looks fine from my screen?

Thanks Michelle, Alissa, and m9Fred for your kind comments.

Ai
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Ai - I'm glad you found a safe place to sketch. I love your plumeria paintings and your library sketches. You know how the library is one of my favorite places. Glad to see these here too!!
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Great works!! I love your part coloring style so much. Seem very stylish and have terrific perspective!

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”