San Francisco [RESULTS]

Saturday April 11th 2009
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco [RESULTS]

Post by Montalvo Machado »

Hi California Crawlers!

Too bad Enrico couldn't make it with you all, he set up the whole party and stayed in bed.

You guys had lots of fun, beautiful drawings on nice places!

We gathered 154 crawlers in São Paulo, all with numbered WWSC stickers on their shirts. Many others that wanted to go were on their Easter vacation somewhere else. I think we may have even more people joining us next time, in downtown SP.

A bunch of pictures and drawings from São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Brasília are at our Sketchcrawl Brasil Flickr as well as Gil Tokio's and Naomi's too.

Did we make it again, I mean, is that a new record?

My best wishes to you all, and a quick recovery to you, Enrico!

Cheers from Brazil,

Montalvo
Mgryphonk
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mgryphonk »

Hey all it was my first time but it wont be my last! Had a great time!
-Mike

vova1112
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by vova1112 »

-Vlad
tallrussian.blogspot.com
dirkbeachman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by dirkbeachman »

My first sketchcrawl, it was nice to explore chinatown with a slow eye, here is a pastel sketch of some lanterns hanging across the street
http://www.zhibit.org/dirkbeachman/draw ... 1-42f0c202
cancelliere
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by cancelliere »

those artists! and all very good with everyone a strong staff, really beautiful work many little jewels thanks to all :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Goro - the video is super sweeet !!!

mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

I always enjoy looking at the San Francisco group's results. So many terrific sketches, so many interesting subjects, done in so many wonderful, unique styles. Great work, SF.
hawaiianpunch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hawaiianpunch »

miromi: Really good stuff. I remember seeing your big sketchbook and being wowed by the dynamism in your sketches. Lines were going everywhere and the drawings looked like they couldn't be contained within the borders of the paper. Your comics were so funny and spot on with what I experienced that day, too. :clap:

demetrius: I'm liking the gesture drawings and the little caricatures. But, are you doing your taxes there, too? :eh:

John D: Yeah. Everyone had to do one Erhu player, one lamppost, and one lion dance. It's a given if you're gonna sketch Chinatown, right? Really like your sketches here. Very simple and in line with what I saw on your website. :thumbup:

abberant85: Your figures are really nice. For quick sketches you got down a lot in the form and their positions. I envy that in an artist. :thumbup:

tai: Short and sweet. Like the linework here and your use of the shadows in your sketches. :D

Santiago: Great stuff. I remember your book too and the post doesn't do justice to how you composed the sketch within the small page you had. The stark shadows are really evocative, too. A completely different feeling than the others up here. :clap:

Biscuit Maker: What can I say? It's Ronnie Del Carmen. That tiny, tiny book you had was so cute. I loved looking at it at the meetup. :lol:

shawnf: My drawing partner for my first sketchcrawl. Awesome stuff man. It looks so meticulous when I remember seeing you whip them out relatively quickly. :wave:

kristincohn: Nice temple painting. You get the feel for the elaborate architecture without having that much detail in there.

goro: Your caricatures are sweet. Very good stuff. I can't watch the dang video on my work computer, so I'll have to leave comments on that til I get home tonight. Thanks for doing that though. :clap:

Mgryphonk: Nice with the architecture and perspective. It's hard for me to get perspective in one go, but it looks like you got that skill down pat.

vova1112: Your sketches look really nice. Packed in a lot of atmosphere in that little thing. Looks like everyone headed out to North Beach for lunch, too, huh? :wink:
DuttonArt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by DuttonArt »

I showed up a little late and unfortunately didn't get to see or meet as many people there, but I still had a great time! Great photos and sketches all around (the world!). :)

-Mike
emil
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by emil »

I couldn't make it for the SF crawl! I had to make a trip to LA for the weekends and was far too busy to crawl with everyone else.
Anywayz, I am posting here some sketches I did by myself in the train. How sad!! a lone- crawler... :(

Great works for the SF crawlers by the way! It's always a joy to see all of your works :)
Cheers,

Emil
limeworks.blogspot.com
jason_c
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jason_c »

Always such fun; and it's great to see people's work here on the forum, both that I liked and remembered as well as so many that I missed from the exchange at the end.
This was from the Chinese place on Grant where Gary, John D., and I lunched. The fish were much more anemic in real life.
The waitress really wanted Gary to draw her, so I took advantage of her pose and did a sketch too.
Goro Fujita, Renaissance man, in his role as documentary filmmaker, camcorder in hand.
fabianmolina
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

What a great day it was!

Post by fabianmolina »

Hi guys, My stuff From the Crawl Can be seen here, on my Sketch Bloghttp://californimade.blogspot.com/2009/ ... wl-22.html.

It was Great times meeting new people and drawing the wonderful sights.
Fabianmolina.com

I too Dream in Color and in Line...
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Can everyone in SF draw???? Fabulous sketches and Goro, that video is just awesome!
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Wow Wow! Again,I am so astonished what a bunch of productive, skilled people you all are!!! And that video is so fun to see! :thumbup:
Last edited by kumi matsukawa on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Truly impressed by all the quality and quantity of your results!!! :shock:
A bit jealous about the amount of SketchCrawlers, I hope one day our group in Barcelona (Spain) will grow that much!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing such beautiful art!!!
Congratulations to everybody!!! :clap:

All the best!!! :wave:

EclecticBox

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”