Kristianstad, Sweden – RESULTS

Saturday April 11th 2009
flevolaf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Kristianstad, Sweden – RESULTS

Post by flevolaf »

Hi all. My first crawl became a solo crawl. The weather here in Kristianstad was warm and sunny. In fact, after a couple of hours in the sun I went dizzy and had to buy myself a hat. The town was thick with people but in spite of that I spent most of the time running around looking for subjects. Typical beginner's behaviour I guess. Four loose sketches on a whole day is a bit meagre. Next time I hope there will be some more crawlers joining in.

Last edited by flevolaf on Wed May 20, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Re: Kristianstad, Sweden – RESULTS

Post by m9fred »

Amazing perspective, light and shadow on the first one. I've never dared to draw such a subject!

Regards, m9fred
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

I like these, especially the couple eating ice cream -- they look incredulous that it's warm enough to be outside eating ice cream...
flevolaf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by flevolaf »

m9fred: for me perspective is struggle while light is luck. A few sketches have a luminous quality. Most don't. Especially b/w ink drawings can have white spaces that really shine. I would love to share a bottle of ink with an experienced artist while listening to his or hers explanation about how to take control over contrast, shading and light. Or perhaps there is a good book on the subject?
AVBK
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by AVBK »

These drawings are engaging. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Hi! I like the 1st one and the 3rd. I wonder what are cannon like thing in the 1st one. And those standing objects in the 3rd. Anyway I love them very much. :P
flevolaf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by flevolaf »

kumi matsukawa wrote:Hi! I like the 1st one and the 3rd. I wonder what are cannon like thing in the 1st one. And those standing objects in the 3rd. Anyway I love them very much. :P
Hi Kumi. The cannons are replicas marking one of the bastions in the old fortification line that once surronded the city. And the six square pillars of granite is a sculpture in one of the parks.
sketchingtoo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sketchingtoo »

Nice work!
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Great use of light and shade in these, it lends these images a certain sense of romance, especially the last two with those beautiful long shadows! The last two especially look like they could come out of an old children's storybook. I'm especially fond of the last one with the 2 kids.
ninjoh
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ninjoh »

Great sketches, I love the third one especially, with the pillars. Lots of space in that one!
Kul att du gjorde en solo-sketchcrawl, det har jag också gjort två gånger. Man tager vad man haver, liksom. :)
/nina j
flevolaf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by flevolaf »

ninjoh wrote:Great sketches, I love the third one especially, with the pillars. Lots of space in that one!
Kul att du gjorde en solo-sketchcrawl, det har jag också gjort två gånger. Man tager vad man haver, liksom. :)
/nina j
Tack Nina. Det går tydligen bra att köra solo. Men lite av grejen försvinner ju. Om ingen annan vill krypa med mig här nere kanske jag nästa gång ska ta mig upp till Stockholm.
gaelwriter
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by gaelwriter »

Nice sketching; first and third have intriguing shapes and values which you've handled well.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Wonderful job on these!!! I had to laugh at you spending so much time looking for things to sketch. I've done about 5 of these, and still do the same thing. Thanks for sharing these!
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

I like the couple enjoying their ice-cream cones!!!!
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

You did a great job on the perspective - I love the depth you achieved in the first drawing. I like the couple eating ice cream too. That's probably what I would be doing if I were there - I love ice cream.
I too would love to have some tutoring in pen and ink.

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”