Moscow, ID - USA [RESULTS]

Saturday April 11th 2009
mtbrehm
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Moscow, ID - USA [RESULTS]

Post by mtbrehm »

The Moscow SketchCrawl will begin in Friendship Square at 10am, April 11. If the weather is good, we'll just fan out along Main Street. If it's not, then we'll probably go to the various coffee shops to sketch. Regardless of whether you're able to make it downtown and join the group, please post your sketches here!

Matt
Last edited by mtbrehm on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GLumens
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Moscow, ID - USA

Post by GLumens »

mtbrehm
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Moscow, ID - USA [RESULTS]

Post by mtbrehm »

Unfortunately our sketchcrawl was marred by bad weather - after a beautiful week, it was rainy and cold this morning, and it has since cleared up in the late afternoon. But I managed to do one exterior sketch before getting cold and retreating to a coffeeshop for an interior. The first sketch is the Hotel Moscow, which houses apartments above a guitar store and The Garden, my usual bar of choice on Friday evenings. The second sketch is Sister's Brew, a very good and relatively new coffeeshop just a block up Main Street from the first sketch. I was sitting in the corner chair sketched in blue by Garrett in the previous post, enjoying a big mocha.

chri5754
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chri5754 »

I wasn’t able to make it to the sketch crawl meeting downtown but I did do a couple sketches on the University of Idaho’s campus. The two sketches below are two very different view of the Kibbie Dome. I am an athlete at the school and spend a lot of time at the dome, so I decided to sit back and look at it today instead of actually going there. It is funny how I am there every day but have never really looked at the mass structure that is one of kind and used for so many different things.
Jamie Christensen

dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Great work guys! Nice to see the variety of styles. Like the detail of the people with umbrellas passing by the window in the
Sister's Brew sketch, makes those big sofas look even more comfortable. Very nice technique for the line work on that one.
:D
pacemakenzi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pacemakenzi »

I didnt make it to the sketch crawl meeting, however I did some sketches on my own around campus. They each took about twenty minutes and were done with a fine point sharpie. The first sketch is one side of the main road in downtown Moscow. I often walk down this street to sit at the park and enjoy coffee or eat at one of the food shops. The second sketch is one of my favorite locations on the University of Idaho campus, Hello Walk. I love this big open park and the walkway lined with trees. It is the most beautiful when the green leaves line the trees in the summer time.

beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by beth »

Fantastic drawings! Love the interiors, the architectural renderings, the treelined walks! Thank you from Seattle!
mondgucker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mondgucker »

Very fine sketches. I would like to see more from Paceamakenzi!
Air1013
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Air1013 »

Here are a couple sketches I did on Saturday. They are of the interior of the Sister's Brew.

mkeithley
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mkeithley »

will3497
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by will3497 »

Leish20
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Leish20 »

I have been trying to post my sketches but have had trouble downloading them onto the page. Hopefully they work now :)
These are sketches of buildings on the U of I campus.
AVBK
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by AVBK »

What a variety of drawings - great stuff!
zimm7257
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zimm7257 »

I didn't make it out to downtown, so I sketched from inside the library. I took too long on only one, I need to work on that.
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

I concur with AVBK, what a great variety in styles in these pictures! Pacemakenzi, loving the graphic look of your images.

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”