hello.

Anyone wants to meet us to sketch?
zehotavio
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: London

Post by zehotavio »

We didn't decide yet where to go...

The weather is a bit more warm now, so, we could go draw outside cause previously we had to go inside. So, I'll be waiting for some answer...

this is it
Lord M
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lord M »

Hi there,
I think I will be there and this should be my last time in London as Sketchcrawler.

I had the same idea the last time to see if it is possible have 2 different proposal for the day one in the park and the other something near them so we can see the morning we meet if it worth to go on the grass or it is better under a roof.

I don't know very well London so I just leave an idea for the Parks path.
I think we can meet someplace near St. James Park (if you know some bar) around 10 maybe? After we can go at the park, then Buckingham Palace and then take the road on the Serpentine in Hyde Park and see how deep we can go in the park.
Should be interesting to see live animals and people around if the day is enough dry.... :D

For the indoor option I don't really know so well the area, so if someone can help...

Let know
Lord M
___ ___ ___

Sanity is another way to MadNEesS!
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Count me in.

Parks are good idea. St James' or Hide park are large areas. If it were St James, I would choose the Eastern side near the parade grounds. The best sketching areas in Hyde Park would probably be from Hyde Park Corner to the Eastern end of the Serpentine.
zehotavio
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zehotavio »

I think I know London less then you guys do... because I'm just arrived here 4 months ago... anyway.. the suggestion of the parks, sounds a great idea... I'll invite some people from my scholl to join with us.

I don't know any bar around where we could meet each other but I Know some places in Piccadilly maybe we could meet there and then move to Buckingham palace.

what do you think?
RoughQuinn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RoughQuinn »

Hello everyone!

It will be also my last sketchcrawl in London :(
anyway I think it will be better meet us directly in front of the first park that we want to go.

What do you think?
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

I'll be along for this. Light rain is currently forecast for Saturday so it may be worthwhile thinking of a few indoors places to visit just in case.
Lord M
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lord M »

Ok, I was saying the same thing I can put a proposal of path in the park, bur I don't know the indoor places unfortunately that can be near the parks to visit.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... ff196fd770

I put here my proposal, can be changed as you prefer I can hear from you more comments. Anyway I will need a person that knows London to tell if it is actually raining where we can go. The best thing should be fix a common meeting point for both the alternatives and choose what path we are going to do (if indoor or outdoor) the morning we will meet.
So maybe the meeting point I am giving is not just right but some cafè nearby could be.

See you Saturday! :thumbup:
Lord M
___ ___ ___

zehotavio
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zehotavio »

hey guys

Your path is excellent Lord M. You are the man. =)

So, my suggestion is to meet at Churchill Museum near to the Westminster Tube Station also near to Lord's path...

What do you think?
RoughQuinn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RoughQuinn »

Great I'll be there! :thumbup:
see you tomorrow :wave:
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

OK, 10:00 AM at the Churchill Cabinet War Rooms Museum on Horse Guards Road.

For a rain alternative, I suggest station hopping using the tube. We could start at Victoria - the benches just outside W H Smith. That's ONLY in case of heavy rain. Otherwise, see you all at the museum.
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Let's plan to meet at the Churchill Museum in any case, so as not to be split up. We can go to a more sheltered location if we need to later on.

For those who do not know the area, the museum is just a tiny door next to some steps. It's called the Cabinet War Rooms.
Lord M
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Lord M »

Tomorrow we'll see at the museum, I hope that Tom (I think he will be the one that knows best London) can think also tho a dry alternative if it would rain.

I hope see you all there.
Lord M
___ ___ ___

zehotavio
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by zehotavio »

see you there!

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”