Rochester, NY sketchcrawl ?

Saturday April 11th 2009
lucianthinus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Rochester, NY sketchcrawl ?

Post by lucianthinus »

Anyone interested in a sketchcrawl in Rochester, NY ? I'm a student in the area hoping to find other artists interested in joining up with a group to sketch.
"We must remember, it all started with a mouse"- W.D.
" I like to imagine the impossible" -W.D
rbaldanza
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Rochester, NY sketchcrawl ?

Post by rbaldanza »

Definitely!
I'm one of two folks (Genine and Rachael) who organized the last two Rochester NY Sketchcrawls. We would both love to sketchcrawl again and I am happy to set up a simple flyer like the last ones we used. We had a bit of fuss meeting at the Public Market for the last one (no set place to draw) but do you want to suggest a public meeting spot for the Sketchcrawl on April 11 and then we can all promote it from a common flyer...
Rachael Baldanza
http://balduffington.blogdrive.com
broadhurststreet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by broadhurststreet »

Hey There!!!
This is Genine and as Rachel said I am definitely in. I have a list (somewhere) of interested sketchcrawlers. Once we set the start and flyer I will sendout a mass mail to them.

YEAH!!

-Genine
Melissa M
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Melissa M »

Hello fellow crawlers,
I just joined the forum today after speaking to Rachel this morning!! I am interested in doing the sketchcrawl on April 11th and a few of my students from West Irondequoit High School would like to do it as well. The conservatory at Highland Park would be a great spot to meet. The Reservoir at Cobb's Hill, Manhattan Square Park is a great spot or the old subway system??
******What about Mt. Hope Cemetery??? **********It is just so beautiful there: the architecture, figural grave memorials, gorgeous old trees. Including grave rubbings, epitaphs right within the sketches would be cool too. Melissa M
rbaldanza
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rbaldanza »

Hi lucianthinus, Melissa and Genine,
So cool that we all are getting excited about a sketchcrawl! I love Melissa's idea of meeting at mt. Hope Cemetary because it would be close to lots of the colleges (relatively easy for students) and full of stories, images and natural beauty. I've always wante dto draw there but never have.I looked at their website and it seems like a good central meeting spot would be outside the main building (office) at the Mt. Hope entrance. That's where they meet when they give tours.

If we started at Mt. Hope at 10 am maybe we could go next to Highland park, meeting around the Lamberton Conservatory at 1pm and that would give us two locations and two chances for people to meet up. They may well have a wedding but it's a public park, public conservatory and the admission is only $2 so many people would be willing to pay to go in and draw (cacti are the coolest to sketch!)

My location ideas then are (well really they aren't mine! :) at these links:
http://www.fomh.org/download/Mount_Hope ... ry_map.jpg
and
http://rocwiki.org/Lamberton_Conservatory

I made a simple flier (text below) and if anyone sees any glaring spelling or logitistic errors, let me know. We can fix them up and then I can send you all off the forum the pdf and we can start to spread the word. I chose not to put any drawings on the flier because I wanted to mostly answer the questions we seem to get and the quicker we can get the info out the better...

-------------------flier text below------------
sharpen your pencils because on
Saturday April 11
We will draw again!
at the
Rochester SketchCrawl* # 3
and we hope you’ll join us

This is a completely free and open event, sponsored by no-one.
All who gather do so of their own free-will and draw whatever they please.
Simply bring a sketchbook and a drawing tool and join us while we draw in public.
At each location (Mt. Hope cemetary and Highland Park/ Lamberton Conservatory) we’ll move on or stay put depending on the will of the assembled mass.
You are welcome to join for the whole day or at one location.

We’ll meet:
at 10 am Mt. Hope Cemetary
(at the Mt. Hope main entrance)

and

at 1pm at Highland park
(at the entrance to the Lamberton Conservatory.)

For more up-to-the minute details: go to sketchcrawl.com, log in and look for
Rochester, NY in the 22nd World Wide Sketchcrawl forum

* a sketchcrawl is a group of people who gather to draw and wander.
See http://sketchcrawl.com/ to learn more and participate in this global phenomenon...
We had so much fun at the last two, we’re doing another.

-------------------------------------------------------------
broadhurststreet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by broadhurststreet »

Perfect Rach!!!!
Send me the PDF when you get a chance and I will spread the word.
Oh should we put the sketchcrawl logo on it?
YEAH!!!!!!!

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”