Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Saturday April 11th 2009
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

Anyone interested in doing the Sketch Crawl in the area of the Brazos Valley, Bryan/College Station/Calvert, Texas?
I also set up a Yahoo group for anyone interested in doing things like Sketch Crawl or Plein Aire Painting in this area.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrazosValley_Sketchers .

I'm looking forward to the next Crawl, and hope that others will join in. We have a lot of people who like to draw in this area with all the art teachers, students, hobbyists and professionals, a colege and a university. So, let's get out and draw! :thumbup: (That's the sign for "Gig um, Aggies"!)

Mud Creek Pottery is a good meeting place in Calvert. In Bryan, meet at the LaSalle Hotel and the Frame Gallery. I hope that each community in this area will have their own group as we draw the Brazos Valley. Or, people can come to Calvert and Bryan.
More details later, but let me know if you want to do the Sketch Crawl in our area and what ideas you have.
grannyc_54atyahoo.com .
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

I've learned that the Ringling Bros. Circus is going to be here on Sketch Crawl Day. The 11th will be the final day for their one ring circus at Reed Arena. That might be a good place to spend a little time, if you like to draw animals, circus performers, and crowds. There are tickets of course, if you want to see the performance, but, I thought that, possibly, we could sit outside and do some sketching of what is going on outside.
That's just an idea for something a little different.
We need to start out in downtown Bryan, at the LaSalle Hotel, then register at the Frame Gallery. After that, we can decide where we want to work, solo or as a group.
In Calvert, start at Mud Creek Pottery.
I hope that other communities in the Brazos Valley will join in, come join us in Bryan or Calvert, if you want, or start your own crawl in your own community.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley of Texas

Post by granny c »

Here's the plan for tomorrow.
In Calvert, meet at Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Spend the day sketching around Calvert, then post your work on here. If you need help, let me know.
In Bryan, meet at about 8:30 a.m., at the LaSalle Hotel coffee shop or courtyard.
After 10:00 a.m., register at the Frame Gallery in downtown Bryan.
We can see if there is a group, and where we want to sketch.
Since it is Easter, we might consider Easter decorations, traditions, preparing for Easter, etc.
I also thought about several places including the little dam and lake at the Municipal Golf Course, the circus at Reed Arena, some interesting eating places like Chicken Oil or Martin's Barbeque, the soda fountain at the Corner of Time, the doll houses and antiques, at the downtown libraries, etc. Lots of places to consider.
Hope we get some more people participating!

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”