Placer & Nevada Counties (Northern CA, USA)

Saturday April 11th 2009
libbic
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Placer & Nevada Counties (Northern CA, USA)

Post by libbic »

Just wanted to list that we have a group of women who are committed to SketchCrawling here in NoCA. Anyone is welcome to join us! Just ask and I will give you all the details.
We just may be doing a Crawl next month, too!!
Libbi
bionicgreg
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Placer & Nevada Counties (Northern CA, USA)

Post by bionicgreg »

Hello Libbi,

I live in Grass Valley Ca. and tried back in December to get a group of Sketchcrawlers going in our area, but did not see your group at that time. In your posting you said that your a group of women, is exclusive or would you mind a male participating with your group? I will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Greg
bionicgreg
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bionicgreg »

Since we are nearing the 22nd Worldwide SketchCrawl and I have not heard from anyone in the Placer/Nevada County group, I was wondering if any of the 22 people who have viewed this group would like to plan for the upcoming SketchCrawl in our counties?

The Empire MIne State Park in Grass Valley is really pretty at this time of year, with many various garden settings, as well as some lovely buildings. If your into sketching people there are always quite a few visitors to the park also so it makes for a nice place. Also both the downtowns of Grass Valley, and Nevada City offer some great locations for Sketching.

Another location is the Bridgeport State Park. Until May 17th the wildflowers will be blooming like crazy in this area, and they provide docents who will take groups out to show them the different wild flowers and describe them, etc... Since the Wildflower trail is along the beautiful Yuba River, that also provides some great opportunities to sketch, and then there is always the Covered Bridge at the park itself that is just beautiful and makes for a lovely sketch.

These are just a couple of ideas I have, and would love to hear from others who might want to get together and participate in the 22nd Worldwide Sketch Crawl.

Please let me know if your interested and we can make a confirmed location and time.
sddonlon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sddonlon »

Hi Libbi,
I'm in Placerville and would be interested in "crawling" with your group... I didn't see your group originally, so I'm committed to join the Sacramento group. But if you organize one closer up here in the hills, I'll be there for future sketch crawls.
Thanks!!!!
Sherri

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”