Barcelona, Spain -Results

Saturday October 25th 2008
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Barcelona, Spain -Results

Post by dave c »

At last the Barcelona sketchcrawl group has grown in numbers !! Now it's got two members! We met at the Parc de la Cuitadella and although the day before had been threatening to rain, we were lucky and had a nice sunny day ( which also meant there were a lot of people around the park that we could draw. Almost three hours of sketching and talking about drawing, the day came to an end when it started getting too dark to draw. At that point we went for a beer and looked at each others work. it was funny to see how we had picked at lot of the same subjects. So thanks to Eclectic Box for coming along and for making the sketchcrawl more fun in company, look forward to seeing his results posted.

eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Barcelona, Spain -Results

Post by eclecticbox »

Hi everybody!
A pleasure to become part of the SketchCrawl family!!!
Special thanks to Dave who made it very easy. As my drawing skills were (and still) a bit rusty I was a bit nervous about the whole thing of going out for some life sketching. My sketchbook didn't help me either, as it was too small (DIN A5) to try loosen up my lines, for the next one I'll copy Dave and I'll get ready a good handful of loose A4's... However, at the end of the day I was happy with one of the sketches (the last one I'm posting with the kissing couple) and I enjoyed very much Dave's company and talk about drawing. Hopefully we'll meet again for the next edition with more people joining us, till then I promise I'm going to practice a lot more.

Have fun & keep on drawing!

eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eyes »

Wow... great work guys. Beautiful lines and expression. A big applaud to both of you. I especially love the kiss for both versions, the dog on the fountain, but every sketches are fun and expressive. I like them all.

Ai
Bibi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Bibi »

OLA !loved both of you guys sketches,truly,very expressive lines ,look forward to see more postings :D next time.
un saludo from Italy
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Hi Bibi & Eyes!

Thank you very much for your comments! :oops:
I pretty sure next time we'll get to gather a few more people, we (Dave&I) have a couple of friends who wanted to join us but couldn't make it, and of course, also looking forward to meet new people.

Till the next one, have fun & keep sketching!

SALUT!

http://eclecticboxblog.blogspot.com
palvarado70
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by palvarado70 »

Some very awesome drawings guys, great work, love the dog drinking from the fountain.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

I'm glad the Barcelona group has doubled in size...double our viewing pleasure too!!! It is funny how when you sketch with someone else you tend to sketch the same people and views, even if there are a lot of choices around.

Dave - Nice lines on your people sketches. Super job on that fountain!

Eclecticbox - Good sketches!!! You aren't as rusty as you thought. I'm glad you joined the crawl.

Thanks for sharing!
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Hi Bibi, Ai , Palvarado70 and Joan T. Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Your right Joan, it is funny to see how someone else picks out the same subjects considering the amount of people passing by that day. The sketch crawl is certainly more fun in company. It's also a great feeling to think that people in different locations around the world are doing the same thing that very day, all for the love of sketching! It's even more fun checking out everyones results.

Un saludo.
marcello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by marcello »

vERY NICE POSE!!!!!!!!
MARCELLO :D
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Hello! I'm kumi :) Both of you guys' drawings are really fascinating!
dave C ,I love your clean sculpture like form:those profiles.
eclecticbox,I love the one which a dog drinking water and a boy squating.
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Hi Palvarado 70, Joan T, Marcello and Kumi!!! Thanks a lot for your comments!
The truth is that I've enjoyed very much the whole SketchCrawl experience, not just the crawling itself (wich was great), but also to check on all the other entries and see how much talent is working all over the world on that very same day... so good I can't wait for the next one, hopefully won't be too cold to sketch around over here!!!
Till then, have fun & keep sketching!!!

http://eclecticboxblog.blogspot.com
mr.sch
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by mr.sch »

good one, guys!
dave c, do your lines from first stroke, when you repeat them, they lose some of initial strenght
eclecticbox, nice shading style... maybe next time there'll be more of those kind. Cheers!
dave c
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by dave c »

Thanks very much for the tip, Mr Sch., really appreciate your help. I'll bare it in mind for the next crawl :D

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”