Seattle

Saturday October 25th 2008
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Seattle

Post by gabi campanario »

We have a Sketchcrawl date, yay! Any suggestions of places to go for this one? I was thinking about Pike Place Market because we'd have the chance to be indoors if it rains. I don't know if you guys may have already gone there in previous sketchcrawls.

gabi
———
Seattle Sketcher at http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Seattle

Post by Tyler Street »

Just joined this site and I've been discussing with my pal that we should join up with a sketchcrawl in Seattle! I have put the date on my calendar. Another good place would be Ballard (Market Street) or the Ballard Locks, which has boats, water, trains, beautiful gardens, people to watch, and is not so crowded that it would be difficult to set up to do some sketching. This would be my first sketchcrawl so I'm not quite sure how you choose a location. It's all good! Best wishes to all.
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Hi Tyler, welcome! the Locks are a great place to draw. I went there before with two other folks from the group, Tim and Tony, but I'm up for it again if the majority likes it. Never sketched at Market Street before, sounds good too. chosing the location is basically a matter of reaching a consensus here. it's a pretty organic process

gabi
———
leobro
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by leobro »

The Market sounds great. Any place that's not so crowded we never find each other! :wink:
Tim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim »

You guys decide. I'm still smarting about last time... Just make sure there's no parade going on wherever we end up! :oops:
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tyler Street »

Pike Place Market does sound good, for a lot of reasons, including lots of people, big views and closeup views, and undercover options in case of rain. Perhaps it makes sense to agree on a time and place at, say, a coffee shop, to meet up before we scatter to draw? Targeting someplace a bit more specific than entire Market might be an idea. And coffee is ALWAYS a good idea (anyway before noon). Is the original Starbuck's still there near the Market? (Can you tell I've been away from Seattle for a while....!?).

Or if it is lunchtime there's the Copacabana restaurant (upstairs, on the east side of Pike Place).... hmm, must be lunchtime NOW!

Another neat place to draw (though less sheltered) would be the SAM Sculpture Park.
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by northwestdrawing »

I just wrote a note to myself that the Worldwide Sketch Crawl date is October 25, and unless something unforeseen happens, will join the Seattle sketchers.

All of the places mentioned so far sound great to me. The visual diversity, general hubbub, and dryness of Pike Place Market is appealing to me with our unpredictable October-ish weather, but heck, I paint outdoors in January, so I'm pretty flexible.

Whatever the location, I look forward to learning the time and the beginning meeting place when a consensus evolves.
monzrocks
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by monzrocks »

Hi, i've recently moved to seattle and would be interesting in meeting up with you guys for the sketch crawl. will follow the board for the final consensus on where & when.
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

great to see new people joining the Seattle party, yay! sounds like the Pike Place Market idea is good with everyone. as far as SAM sculpture park goes, we went there two sketchcrawls ago but i agree with Tyler, it's a great place to sketch.

anyhow, what do you guys think about meeting at the first Starbucks on Pike Place, say at about 10 a.m.?

looking forward to it, cheers

gabi

littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

YEAH! I almost forgot about this upcoming crawl, will make my best effort to come!

Cheers,
Jing
Tyler Street
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tyler Street »

Gabi and all, this sounds great! My friend Beth and I both plan to be there: 10/25/08, 10 a.m., Starbuck's, 1912 Pike Pl, Seattle, WA 98101, (206) 448-8762

First Sketchcrawl! Got my Moleskine watercolor notebook and my Micron .05 in my pocket; any other advice?

P.S. Tyler Street is my alias (also where I live): real name Teresa.
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

hi gabi :) what a surprise! I was looking for the Sydney one, when I saw Seattle... and... voila! hehehe small world... have fun!

PS - no te los lleves de Starbucks en Starbucks... :P
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

I spend a lot of time down at the Market Theater, but rarely take the time to stop and sketch there! :) I hope to make it this time! If you have a stool, I'd recommend bringing it, as sitting space is hard to come by at the Market and its sidewalks.

For weekend trips, I'm a fan of the bus (and of Gabi's bus sketches!), but if you drive, parking can be a little weird on the weekend... You can usually find parking along Western, just down from the end of the Market, including the market parking garage, which is quite a bit cheaper than any of the commercial garages. Just an FYI!

Tony
northwestdrawing
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by northwestdrawing »

See everyone at the Pike Place Starbucks at 10 am on the 25th. Very much looking forward to it!
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

glad to hear you'll be there Tony, looking forward to it and to meeting Teresa, leobro, monzrocks and northwestdrawing!

see ya all next Saturday then

cheers

gabi

http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”