Bryan/College Station, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Saturday October 25th 2008
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Post by granny c »

I'm looking forward to the next one too.
Anyone else in this area want to join us? I'm hoping to get people in Calvert, Franklin, Bremond, Cameron, Temple, Waco, Navasota, etc. as well as in Bryan and College Station, all recording our area during the next sketch crawl.
We need to get some publicity out as the students and people related to the university return for the fall semester.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Post by granny c »

Yea! The next Sketch Crawl has been scheduled for Saturday October 25!
Where shall we sketch this time?
I'm hoping for people in Robertson, Falls, McClennan, Grimes, Milam, Bell, etc. counties, students at A&M, Blinn, Baylor, MCC, and other schools in the Brazos Valley area to get involved.
sketchgurl
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sketchgurl »

Hi,

I am new to Austin. I would like to join the next sketchcrawl. I live in an area called Walnut Creek and I am familiar with the UT and Congress area. IS Bryan/College Station any where near by to Walnut Creek or to the UT area?
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by granny c »

I just reread your message. I see that you are in the Austin area.
We're about 100 miles east of Austin. So you probably will want to join a group over there. I believe that there were posts from people in that area wanting to do a sketch crawl there.
If you are in this area, though, you're certainly welcome to join us!
Sorry about that. My mind is on Hurricane Ike!
There is a Walnut Creek north of Calvert in Robertson County, but it is a creek, out in the country.
HappyPinkWhale
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by HappyPinkWhale »

I'm planning on sketching, and I'll probably bring a few people with me. I've never done one of these before, so I'm excited!
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by granny c »

That's great! I'm looking forward to meeting you. I can send you a flyer and more information, if you would like.
I'm hoping that we can get all of the Brazos Valley involved, and "Draw the Brazos Valley".
So, please spread the word.
The weekend before, Saturday October 18, V....Vaughan from the Austin area, is going to do a Plein Aire Painting Workshop in Calvert. This is the first time that there has been anything like that there. You can read more about it on my blog, or on her's at http://www.vvaughan.blogspot.com.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by granny c »

Here's the plan for sketching The Brazos Valley Saturday.
1. In Calvert, meet at Mud Creek Pottery about 8 or 8:30 to register and plan on where to work during the day. Get yourself a kolache at Zamykal Kolache Shop and work with the group or alone around town. The group may plan to have lunch together or on your own.
Spend the afternoon sketching, then meet back at Mud Creek Pottery to share work.
You can register and put your work on this forum, or, if you want, you can send it to me and I will add it.
Remember that you can sketch all day or part of the day. Just draw your surroundings, along with others around the world.
2. In Bryan/College Station, meet at The Frame Gallery in downtown Bryan about 8 or 8:30 to register. Then, if you need coffee, we can meet at the LaSalle Hotel. From there, we can decide if we want to work as a group or as individuals, and where we want to work. Spend the morning sketching, then people can go as a group for lunch, or have lunch on your own. Sketch in the afternoon, then meet back at the Frame Gallery to share work and experiences. Afterward, you can post your work on this forum, or you can send it to me to post for our area.
Again, you can work all day, or part of the day, and sketch wherever you happen to be. Just record your surroundings, along with people all around the world.
3. If you are in another town in the Brazos Valley, I hope that you will go out and draw on Saturday, and join in the Sketch Crawl. Or get a group together wherever you are to participate.
Hope to see you out sketching with us on Saturday!
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by granny c »

Just a reminder to people in the Bryan/College Station/Brazos Valley area to come to the Frame Gallery on 216 Bryan in downtown Bryan about 8:30 Saturday morning. We can register there, then go to the LaSalle Hotel for coffee and to decide where everyone wants to sketch, if they want to work as a group or spread out and work alone, etc.
If you are in the Calvert area, go to Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street about 8:30.
If it's too chilly for outdoors, early, we can work inside until it warms up. Should be another beautiful day here.
Hope to see you tomorrow!
caroljwatson
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by caroljwatson »

Anyone in or around the Georgetown, TX area? We have a great town square...a nice place to gather and sketch.
carol j watson
"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Pablo Picasso

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”