Sketch in London!!

Saturday October 25th 2008
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Sketch in London!!

Post by thek »

I'm in South London on the Northern line so this is right up my street in more ways than one. I always feel nervous drawing in public so this would be great - I can actually get some practice!

I won't be able to stay for the whole day though, but if this goes well I'd love for it to turn into something regular.
Paper Sails
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Paper Sails »

Ok so people seem happy with the Southbank and despite a gloomy start to the week and rain coming for Friday Saturday is forcasted to be fine so lets do it. :D

I have made a quick Google map . . .

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... d2d4155fe6

. . . With a few highlights and potential meet/regroup points - Please add any suggestions you have. I don't know where to suggest as actual meeting points or times. I want to get to borough early because it will probably get to busy to draw there by 11ish. Obviously there are lots of cafes in and around the market where we could meet and late comers could catch up. I have also marked the anchor pub on the map as a good meet/regroup point but if we stop at the Cathedral and the Golden Hind I have no idea when we'll get there.

Help out with some suggestions please

R
RoughQuinn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RoughQuinn »

I have a suggestion: we can make two times to meet us, so people that can't in the morning join at the group in the afternoon. What do you think?!? Is it ok?

Well, in the morning I understand at NFT (the first point in the Google map, thank you Paper Sails ;) ) before 11....so 10.30?!? Is it right?

and in the afternoon?!? 13.00 around in the middle of the tour...Tate?

tell me what do you think
eheheh the SketchDay is near!!!! Wow! I asked an off-day at work for this event :P
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

RoughQuinn, I think Borough is the first point on the map!

Great job on the route PaperSails, I haven't been to any of those places so it'll definitely be a new and interesting experience for me.

Let's hope today's downpour means that we'll be all rained out by Friday leaving Saturday clear!
Paper Sails
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Paper Sails »

Yes Borough market is the start point (i've edited the map to reflect this). I will try to get there for 10am.

I will PM all those turning up with my mobile number so we can find each other. Second meet point at Tate around 1ish sounds good. Anyone coming later will be able to call and check where we are at incase we get into something.
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Thank you on the thorough planning, Paper Sails.

Let's make sure to decide on an exact place to meet at Borough Market. It's going to be crowded at 10am, so let's plan on a very specific location. Say, the intersection of Bedale and Borough High Street.

Rough Quinn, make sure that you start at Borough not the other way around!
Paper Sails
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Paper Sails »

Meeting at the intersection of Bedale and Borough High Street sounds like a good spot.

There is a cafe just a little way in to Bedale or if that is full there is a bigger one if you bear right at the Globe pub(which is visible from the intersection).

I was out doing some sketching yesterday and it was awful. I hope I'm on better form on saturday. I mainly sketch outdoors when waiting for trains. People are much more mobile on the street it really threw me off and I can't seem to draw buildings to save my life. Ho Hum practice I guess as ever . . .

My mobile no. is ------------------------- I'm pretty bad at answering but good at reply to txt. I'll be sporting a bright yellow and brown stripped scarf on Sat so I'll be hard to miss
Last edited by Paper Sails on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
marina
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by marina »

I should be there by 10.15/10.30, my brother might join us as well. Paper sails if I can't spot your scarf I'll send you a text to check where you all are when I get there.

See you all tomorrow and let's hope the weather will be better than it is now.
Tomzy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tomzy »

i will probably be one of the late ones but the plans sounds good to me. I will text you paper sail according to the location you guys will be in so i can follow up during the day. Thanks for the plans.
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

I'll be trying for 10am - I'll watch out for your yellow striped scarf Paper Sails, and send you a text if I can't find you.

Looking forward to sketching with you all!

edit: Forgot to mention, I'll probably be wearing a beige jacket with a blue and white stripe across the middle, a black woolly hat and beige trousers with side pockets stuffed with drawing instruments.

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”