NoTav sketchcrawl

Share any drawings from your sketchcrawls

Moderator: Gerald

LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

NoTav sketchcrawl

Post by LauraSpia »

No TAV is the term used to identify a protest movement arose Italian in the early nineties, in which we can recognize groups of citizens united by critical in creating an infrastructure for high-capacity and high-speed rail (commonly known as TAV, "High Speed ​​Train"), [1] taken as a symbol and an example of a considered inadequate management of common goods, public expenditure, land and politics. Railway lines in the center of the protests are disputed mainly because of the cost deemed excessive in relation to their usefulness, even in the face of environmental impacts and damage to human health in the places affected by construction.

The No Tav movement, for the particular importance of social issues addressed, to the extent of the phenomenon itself and the impact media has made ​​in Italy an important element in the national policy framework, reaching a value similar to a brand [2] [3]. According to some activists, furthermore, the importance and the generality of the ideas and criticisms would "make negligible the original theme of the movement, which now rebels to use without moderation of taxpayers' money, land and the good faith of an entire country that still does not know what the truth is on high speed in Piedmont ", then going beyond the mere debate original Yes / no-TAV [1].

Recently, similar movements with different names have become popular in some European countries, in the border with Italy some movements have also adopted the acronym "No TAV" and the symbols connected (as in Savoy where the translation of TAV would TGV [4]).

Source: Wikipedia Italy
LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: NoTav sketchcrawl

Post by LauraSpia »

Sunday, August 18, 2013 to 18 at the meeting Vallette prison in Turin to give support "from the outside" with music, songs and words to Job, No Tav companion arrested for having participated actively in the movement and restrained ... do not know why.

We all come together in a field is not cultivated, in the midst of weeds and the crowd is so much around me and I begin to draw. While drawing in a corner of the prison comes out before a hand to greet us and then a second.

I learn that the cell of Job is somewhere else, and we should take to get there (always outside the double walls surrounding the Vallette) a road but the police have closed with a barrier. I wonder because of the huge distances, will not scared that someone here can groped to escape Job?!

I also learn that just walked into prison you can not bring items of basic necessities with them as toilet paper, toothbrush, sanitary napkins. They have products that you have to buy at the canteen of the prison. Too bad that the shop is open only 2 days a week and if a person goes to Valletta on Saturday, will have to wait on Tuesday to buy what they need. As it happened to a girl of the movement to which they have permission to take absorbent from the outside.
LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LauraSpia »

Above a fast image that depicts the part of the police line that prevented us to approach the complex buildings where Job is closed.
To understand the exaggeration of the mobilization of law enforcement, suffice it to say that among the group No TAV were grandmothers, grandparents, families and a child in a wheelchair.

At some point we move sideways coming to prison, in a gigantic field recently cut for hay. I see police and police running in defense of something but I can not quite understand.
In one corner of the building closest to the fence, sprouting two more hands to greet us, and the two become four, all huddled. Wave too.

I look at the scene from a distance and everything seems surreal; militarization against defenseless people with a megaphone in his hand seems surreal, as well as the sight of a policeman in plain clothes who films all of us, I never launched the toxic smoke at head height i've never clubbed anyone, but i'm far away from the camera for fear of being shot.

But fear of what?
LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LauraSpia »

Italian national demonstration of the movement NoTav, March 23, 2013

On March 23, Simone and I were at the event NO TAV in Val di Susa (Piemonte, Italy) which included a 8 km walk from Susa to Bussoleno.

I was delighted to know that good people are fighting for years against the great works (not only in Italy, but in the world) as Claudio Day and I could hear from Alberto Perino and the French delegation NO TAV.

A beautiful day to remember, short, and for which I thank the organization without ever forgetting Susa groups who continue to resist every day, even once over the national demonstration and off the media spotlight.

The two pictures above (the only ones of the day that I was able to draw), II drew on the train during the journey from Turin to Susa, standing, while all around me people were talking and they were together.
LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LauraSpia »

August, 13 2013, evening NoTav in Bussoleno together with Professor of philosophy Vattimo, University of Turin.

Tavern La Piola, local historian meeting notav in Bussoleno, Piemonte, Italy.

"Nothing like the conflict can trigger the change that is the project, both on a human level and a social level. Notav And the struggle lies precisely in a logic of conflict." My political life exists because you are there, "says Vattimo," because there are phenomena such as the fight notav or NoMuos. "Because the only hope lies in the multiplication of territorial conflicts. so in this sense, the struggles engendered by the territorial conflicts not only promote change, but constrain the danger of returning to fascism that resides in the growing difficulties and social conflicts in progress.'m local actions, spread, which right now are offered as the only action likely to prevent the emergence of a full-blown regime.
You need to not get lost in the philosophy of the conflict, because every conflict is lowered into a global conflict. "

Short speech of Professor Vattimo translated with google translate
LauraSpia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LauraSpia »

NoTav camping in Chiomonte, Val Susa, Italy
August 2013

Panorama of the Susa Valley after leaving the city of Turin, road SS25.

Arrived at the Chiomonte camping, parking the car and then I sit down to talk with other people. I know that "Chef", a notav that work is a cook and turns throughout Europe without the use of means of transport, but only the feet. He tells us of the beautiful experience lived in Val d'Aosta, the nights spent under the stars and the people I met who immediately put to work in the festivals of the country, to cook. I listen and meanwhile drawing.

Sunday, August 25, there will be an evening of information about Kurdistan and the PKK, the Kurdistan Workers' movement after the assassination in spring in Paris of one of the main activists of the movement. The video is a 'interview with Sakine Cansize before the tragic event, related by photographs of the movement and in particular photographs of young Kurdish women.
The PKK, as reported by Wikipedia, was born in the late '70s as a movement of workers and takes a lot of foot in Turkey, because the Turks for years have decided to cancel the Kurdish people and are committed to do this using their weapons best of persuasion: torture, kidnappings, violence, oppression. I find that the Kurds can not speak their language, but only turkish, if a Kurd is reported to the police because his house (!) speaks Kurdish, the police will then arrest, imprison and torture him. This also applies to kids: if a child at school, speaks evil turkish and responds in Kurdish, a sign that the language commonly used in the home is not the turkish, the teacher will report it to the police and report the whole family to the police .

And 'forbidden to listen to music Kurdish question in Turkey as it is planted with vines give their children Kurdish names.

At the end of the video speaks Murat, a turkish journalist, describes the current Turkish politics and the new way of relating to the Kurdish people and we also talk about how over the years evolve resistance ranges Kurds and what they want to accomplish.

While drawing, his girlfriend of Kurdish ethnicity, Ceylan photographing me and the diary, then I draw it. She has long wavy hair blacks and big eyes and jet black. It 's beautiful.

At the end of the evening, before returning home, Ceylan tells me to have a double name: Ceylan, name Kurd who gave his mom and that means gazelle, and then a second name in turkish for official documents: Ezel, infinite Universe. Ceylan tells me that, because of its double name, she did not remember at school the teacher to respond when called Ezel; told me that the first time was in prison for 6 months to 13 years, and out of the prison, Kurdish authorities considered her a terrorist. At 13 years, terrorist??!

He tells me that his father had been in prison and had undergone 40 days of torture at home because the police had found a cassette of Kurdish folk music ...

Before leaving, she must return to Turin, he tells me that he is now in Italy because his country condemned it with life imprisonment if he came back and would put him into prison. His age, about 24, or less, has already been in jail 3 times.

I hope to see her again.

End of the first part!

Return to “Random SketchCrawlings”